July 31, 200620 yr And just last season we were reading stories about Jr.'s work ethic. How when there was a chance for extra batting practice he was one of only 3 to show up. And that was a common occurrence for Jr to put in extra time. Wonder why his work ethic has changed in one year after all of those years of putting in extra time when the younger players did not. Look, I know you will devoutly defend Jr. but he has been a slug lately, regardless of how you would like to spin it. It may be his body running down, he may not be 100%, he may be missing Felipe, but there is something. I don't know what it is, but he's not right. I don't doubt he may just be in a funk, but his offensive funks typically don't carry over to centerfield. We are in a race to play in the postseason and you'd think he'd start to figure it out. Call Sr., see a sports psychologist, have his cards read, something, but this team with or without additions needs him to step it up on both sides if we have any hopes to contend. I hope his couple of bombs are a sign he's headed in that direction. I noticed however you chose not to defend your boy Larue however.
July 31, 200620 yr Look, I know you will devoutly defend Jr. but he has been a slug lately, regardless of how you would like to spin it. It may be his body running down, he may not be 100%, he may be missing Felipe, but there is something. I don't know what it is, but he's not right. I don't doubt he may just be in a funk, but his offensive funks typically don't carry over to centerfield. We are in a race to play in the postseason and you'd think he'd start to figure it out. Call Sr., see a sports psychologist, have his cards read, something, but this team with or without additions needs him to step it up on both sides if we have any hopes to contend. I hope his couple of bombs are a sign he's headed in that direction. I noticed however you chose not to defend your boy Larue however. As I said, given the right playing time (and I am not convince he really deserves it), I think Larue would put up some decent numbers for the rest of the season. I don't think that Narron can chance that in the middle of a playoff series. Not sure how you are determining that Jr is in a funk or even what you mean by it????? Hitting slump, okay, I can see that and he is showing signs of getting out of that. But what do you mean by funk?
July 31, 200620 yr Come on with the avatar hssb. Didn't you do enough harm to Majewski??? I didn't hurt Mench any, I'm trying to get Kyle off on the right foot. :jump:
July 31, 200620 yr I didn't hurt Mench any, I'm trying to get Kyle off on the right foot. :jump: With the jinx going on, I still vote for a Pujols avatar.
July 31, 200620 yr I didn't hurt Mench any, I'm trying to get Kyle off on the right foot. :jump: He'll probably break that right foot on his way out to the mound for his first appearance now.
July 31, 200620 yr As I said, given the right playing time (and I am not convince he really deserves it), I think Larue would put up some decent numbers for the rest of the season. I don't think that Narron can chance that in the middle of a playoff series. Not sure how you are determining that Jr is in a funk or even what you mean by it????? Hitting slump, okay, I can see that and he is showing signs of getting out of that. But what do you mean by funk? 2 balls this weekend he made little effort for, he stood and watched as Dunn had to lumber in and clean up after the Clayton boot, got possibly his worst jump all season on a tweener in right center and half dove for it but managed to keep it in front of him. He hasn't played like he normally does IMO. Plate woes may effect his concentration, perhaps. We just need him better on both counts.
July 31, 200620 yr 2 balls this weekend he made little effort for, he stood and watched as Dunn had to lumber in and clean up after the Clayton boot, got possibly his worst jump all season on a tweener in right center and half dove for it but managed to keep it in front of him. He hasn't played like he normally does IMO. Plate woes may effect his concentration, perhaps. We just need him better on both counts. I don't have satellite or cable so I don't see the games and rely on Marty/Bad Boy to be my eyes for me. I don't remember them commenting on Jr.'s lack of effort. That is all I can go on. I will agree for the Reds to make the push they need, they need Jr and Dunn to be hot for a good spell and not have one of those spells that they don't hit for weeks. Especially a prolonged drought by both at the same time. As well as Arroyo and Harang to continue with what they are doing. I think the biggest key is Milton. If he could step up and give the Reds 3 quality starts out of every 4 games he pitches, I think that would be HUGE!!!!!
July 31, 200620 yr I saw in a recent SI that Milton's ERA was almost a point lower in the 2nd half...
July 31, 200620 yr I saw in a recent SI that Milton's ERA was almost a point lower in the 2nd half... Sounds great, but where did he start, 10.5 down to 9.6? J/K;)
July 31, 200620 yr Sounds great, but where did he start, 10.5 down to 9.6? J/K;) From over 5 to under 5 is bad enough...
August 1, 200620 yr I'm not an Aurilia fan by any means, but I think he goes about his business the right way. Hatteberg and Aurilia are guys that aren't blessed with a ton of talent, but they work hard and are professionals. Many on here last year was called Aurilia unprofessional and a disruption to the team.
August 1, 200620 yr Many on here last year was called Aurilia unprofessional and a disruption to the team. Are you speaking of his public whining over not playing much down the stretch? If so, were they calling HIM unprofessional and a disruption or were they calling THAT unprofessional and a disruption? I think there is a difference.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.