Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Track the Reds (Second Half)

Featured Replies

The Reds have optioned Germano back to Louisville.

Narron says he was going back no matter how he pitched.

They donot need a 5th starter until next weekend.

 

So....that means Claussen to return or a trade?

 

I think Claussen could throw a no-hitter on Monday and the Reds would still be sketchy about sending him out there on a regular basis. I feel there will be a move made.

  • Replies 5.3k
  • Views 225k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3 and half games back entering today's game, only because the Cards have been on a downhill slide,but can't count on that forever. The Reds will need to pick it up a bit if they want to catch them.Not saying the Reds hav'nt done their part, they have, they just need to get more wins. With only two months lelf in the season it's like what we like to say here in Boyle Co, it's time to Get-Er-Done. Go Reds.:ylsuper:

On a sidenote, you guys see that the Yanks got their butts beat by one of the worst teams in the Majors last night,19-6,good job TB.:banana:

And one more sidenote, the Tigers became the first team to win 70 this season. How amazing is that?

MILWAUKEE -- To fill the roster spot vacated by Justin Germano, the Reds have recalled outfielder Brandon Watson from Louisville.

 

Watson was claimed off waivers from the Nationals the day after the big trade. He hit .220 with three RBIs in 15 games for Louisville, but is a .304 career hitter in 769 minor-league games.

 

He also happens to be Eric Davis' godson.

MILWAUKEE -- To fill the roster spot vacated by Justin Germano, the Reds have recalled outfielder Brandon Watson from Louisville.

 

Watson was claimed off waivers from the Nationals the day after the big trade. He hit .220 with three RBIs in 15 games for Louisville, but is a .304 career hitter in 769 minor-league games.

 

He also happens to be Eric Davis' godson.

 

Now wonder hes getting called up.

Reds trail 1-0 after 4 1/2 in Milwaukee.

 

Also, is it just me or do the Cubs OWN the Cards?

The Reds score 3 in the 9th, (two run homer by Griffey Jr., solo shot by Aurillia) and have the tying and go ahead runs on 2nd and third, but Ross grounds out to 3rd to end the ballgame.

Jr. sure looks tired and in need of a rest with the slump he is in.:rolleyes:

Just because he hit a homerun hes now out of his slump? He was 1-4 nothing to get excited about.

Just because he hit a homerun hes now out of his slump? He was 1-4 nothing to get excited about.

4 game hit streak with 2 HR. He's not all the way back in the groove, but it's an big improvement...

4 game hit streak with 2 HR. He's not all the way back in the groove, but it's an big improvement...

I agree its an improvement but he isnt there yet but, its a step in the right direction.

Just a few random thoughts. First, I was out of town this weekend and listened to the Reds on XM radio. The broadcast was from Milwaukee and I got to listen to Bob Uecker and I was thinking " cool, this should be good". Wrong! he's horrible! Dead air, discussions about nothing. I was amazed how cruddy he really was. This lends me to the point that Marty Rules! Secondly, Jr. has issues. He seems like he is hungover or hasn't woken up from his all-star snub/layoff. Not only offensively, but I've never seen him so lethargic defensively. Either he needs return to the amphetamines that have been banned or Narron needs a cattle prod in the dugout. Thirdly, I know I have given Larue grief in the past on his less than stellar offensive prowess, but c'mon, .195. I understand his OBP is not as horrible because he gets walked to get to the pitcher, but look for that to drop because he is quickly becoming less of a threat than several of our pitchers. And lastly, it is my belief that there will be no further trades as the day ends for the Reds and what you see is what you get. A team that is streaky at best offensively, improved in the pen, somewhat improved defensively, and struggling to plug any warm body into the #5 slot. At least that's the view I see. Told you they were "random".:eek:

Just a few random thoughts. First, I was out of town this weekend and listened to the Reds on XM radio. The broadcast was from Milwaukee and I got to listen to Bob Uecker and I was thinking " cool, this should be good". Wrong! he's horrible! Dead air, discussions about nothing. I was amazed how cruddy he really was. This lends me to the point that Marty Rules! Secondly, Jr. has issues. He seems like he is hungover or hasn't woken up from his all-star snub/layoff. Not only offensively, but I've never seen him so lethargic defensively. Either he needs return to the amphetamines that have been banned or Narron needs a cattle prod in the dugout. Thirdly, I know I have given Larue grief in the past on his less than stellar offensive prowess, but c'mon, .195. I understand his OBP is not as horrible because he gets walked to get to the pitcher, but look for that to drop because he is quickly becoming less of a threat than several of our pitchers. And lastly, it is my belief that there will be no further trades as the day ends for the Reds and what you see is what you get. A team that is streaky at best offensively, improved in the pen, somewhat improved defensively, and struggling to plug any warm body into the #5 slot. At least that's the view I see. Told you they were "random".:eek:

Missed that one.

 

And I think Jr is just one of those athletes and we have all seen them both in person and on television that never looks like they are hustling.]

 

My school had a state cross country champion. He would come in and run with the basketball team during conditioning, just to run. He never looked like he was running hard and never looked like he was pushing himself and no one on the basketball team could come with a floor length of him. They were running 13's, 13 times down the court in one "sprint." He was so smooth when he ran, it looked effortlessly.

Missed that one.

 

And I think Jr is just one of those athletes and we have all seen them both in person and on television that never looks like they are hustling.]

 

My school had a state cross country champion. He would come in and run with the basketball team during conditioning, just to run. He never looked like he was running hard and never looked like he was pushing himself and no one on the basketball team could come with a floor length of him. They were running 13's, 13 times down the court in one "sprint." He was so smooth when he ran, it looked effortlessly.

Yes, Yes I did. But Jr. is far from making it look easier because of his superior ability. I agree, at one time that was a fact, but not now. I don't expect him to play defensively like he did in Seattle, but he almost looks hurt. And in the event that he is "healthy" then he IMO is struggling. You can call it "dogging" it or whatever, but he is less than he should be whatever the reason IMHO.

Yes, Yes I did. But Jr. is far from making it look easier because of his superior ability. I agree, at one time that was a fact, but not now. I don't expect him to play defensively like he did in Seattle, but he almost looks hurt. And in the event that he is "healthy" then he IMO is struggling. You can call it "dogging" it or whatever, but he is less than he should be whatever the reason IMHO.

And just last season we were reading stories about Jr.'s work ethic. How when there was a chance for extra batting practice he was one of only 3 to show up. And that was a common occurrence for Jr to put in extra time. Wonder why his work ethic has changed in one year after all of those years of putting in extra time when the younger players did not. :rolleyes::p

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.