Bracken County vs. Augusta 12/8/15

Who wins this cross county rivalry game?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this cross county rivalry game?

• Bracken Co. Polar Bears
    • Augusta Panthers

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dangerous to ever compare scores, but all indications point to a major barn burner. Bracken loses to 10th Region #2 Montgomery by 8 which turned around and beat state power Scott Co. earlier tonight. Augusta takes #1 Campbell Co. deep and loses by 3 as a tie breaking three at the buzzer bounces off the front of the rim. The rivalry is huge. The Hinson factor will be huge. Hope emotions are held in check by everyone and we just get to experience a great high school basketball game played at its' gentlemanly best.

I'm sure both teams will "come to play" always great games when these two lock horns. Throw the records out they always play up for each other. Agreed coaching will be a big factor in this one.

Coaches will be ready. Players will be ready. It ought to be another dandy. But I'm sure whichever side wins it will be a huge win for their respective team and whichever loses it will just be another game and the outcome will be different in late February when it matters.

I'm picking Augusta (shocker) in this one. I was very impressed with this team in the two scrimmages they played and in the three games they have played this season. This is easily one of the most athletic teams I have seen in Augusta as well as disciplined. Senior leadership and big game experience will play a huge role in this game as the Panthers improve to 3-1.

After seeing both of these teams only 1 game each this season but both being against top ranked 10th region teams Bracken has an excellent scorer in Austin Crawford but I believe he will need others to step up big in this game and do some scoring. I believe Augusta will have a game plan to lock him down. Coach Hinson will go into this game with a pretty good game plan considering he coached these boys just a year ago. But on the other end Coach Kirk seems to have these both very discipline in the type of play he is wanting them to run. I look for Maddox to have a good game because he seems to always shoot well at Bracken, Also look for Crawford and Snapp to have solid games and score double digits each, but I think the difference maker in this game will be Augusta's Schumaker (spelling) after seeing him last year and once this year the kid potential at being a huge player maker, not to mention I always found it harder to guard a lefty. With all of that said I'm going to have to take Augusta by 4 just because of the senior leadership and on how good they seemed to have execute their game plan against Campbell. Either way tho this should be a good game and I'll just be happy to make the 30 min drive and get to enjoy it live.