Mike Jackson resigns at Ballard

All Tell

Mike Jackson, who last year led the Ballard High School football team to its first trip to the state semifinals in 22 years, announced Friday he’s stepping down as the Bruins’ coach.

Jackson, who previously coached at Oldham County and Pikeville, posted a 57-40 record in eight seasons at Ballard. He said he’s stepping down in order to spend more time with his family.

“I know that sounds cliché, but it’s 100 percent the real deal,” said the 47-year-old Jackson, who has a 12-year-old son. “More than anything it’s about being a better dad. I’ve spent a lot of time with a lot of other people’s sons. It’s time to spend more time with my own.”

LINK

We love our CoachJ here at BGP.

I am with you Coach, there will always be coaching opportunities, there won't always be time with your son growing up.

And To Mrs. CoachJ, if he starts getting on your nerves don't worry, I have plenty of work for him to do. Just threaten him with it if you need to. :thumb:

Coach Jackson has not only done a great deal for the schools he has coached at, but he has done a lot for football in the State of Kentucky. His combine has gained exposure for a lot of Kentucky football players and by making Ballard relevant again, he has made 6A football better.

Coach, spend time with your family, that time is precious and short. Enjoy every moment. And, get your football fix here. Any insight you can provide will be a great contribution, not only to members of BGP, but to the betterment of Kentucky football. You can continue to coach right here and we will be better for it.

I am happy for Mike and his family, but this is a big loss for kids and football in this state. Mike was an innovator, incredibly well-organized, an intense/no excuses competitor, and had the best interest of his kids at the top of his priorities.

I admire and respect him for his priorities and making a tough decision. God Bless Mike and his family.