Cooper 67 Covington Catholic 54

Didn't you have McNeil as #1C ??

From that thread:

McNeil has the best ALL AROUND game in the region, IMO. Can defend all 5 positions. Can play all 5 positions on offense. One of the most pure shooters in the region and will likely average close to 10 rpg.

To be completely honest, I didn't want to slight any of the 3 by putting them "1, 2, 3."

I'll leave that to you guys to argue and debate over.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like McNeil is the real deal, and I read a lot about how good a coach Ruthsatz is, which I don't disagree. Come Regionals something has to give, if these are the two best teams in the 9th region they should meet in the semi or finals. Will the coach have a plan to slow down McNeil or allow him his points but shut down everybody else and get the win? Or will McNeil take over the game getting Cooper the win? Already looking forward to this one.

VonHandorf has never been a lights out outside shooter. I think KHSAA website stats from last year has him shooting about 26% from behind the arc. He averages about 16-18pts a game (sometimes more, sometimes less), but shoots a lot of shots to get them. Cole has always been really good at midrange pull up jumpers off the bounce, and getting to the foul line. That is his strength at the high school level. I believe most of this points came from the foul line last night.

Strong crew. Called a good game.

I am not saying anything about the fairness of the calls. I am talking about how much tighter the 2nd half was called. There were more fouls called in the 3rd quarter than what was called in the entire 1st half. My comment was just the observance of the change and how it may have affected the play on the court.

I am not saying anything about the fairness of the calls. I am talking about how much tighter the 2nd half was called. There were more fouls called in the 3rd quarter than what was called in the entire 1st half. My comment was just the observance of the change and how it may have affected the play on the court.

I took it as you intended.

Sounds like McNeil is the real deal, and I read a lot about how good a coach Ruthsatz is, which I don't disagree. Come Regionals something has to give, if these are the two best teams in the 9th region they should meet in the semi or finals. Will the coach have a plan to slow down McNeil or allow him his points but shut down everybody else and get the win? Or will McNeil take over the game getting Cooper the win? Already looking forward to this one.

My next varsity win will be my 1st, but I'd imagine McNeil will have somebody face guarding him if these 2 meet again in March.