Cooper 67 Covington Catholic 54

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True Sixer, CVH won't have many of these nights, it happens...but I will disagree that I don't think Kunkel will have many nights picking up that much of the slack. I don't think he is there yet, I could be wrong and if I am I'll be the first to admit it! Putting it another way, he cannot fill McNeil's shoes when he has an off night. Double figures maybe, but I'm talking very high double figures as to what McNeil on a nightly basis is capable of, that's all. I think Cooper has a good team, McNeil I believe is going to have to carry them most nights. Take him out of the picture and take away 25-35 or more points a game, then what? I just don't think Kunkel or anyone on Cooper can make that up.

That's where Sully does a great job of putting the boys on the floor that can make up when Sean may have an off night. It's one game that we have seen, and no one can truly judge the improvement of these boys from last year off 1 game. IMO, there's a lot of scorers on this team from the 1,2 and 3 positions.

I wouldn't say he's out of shape. He looks like a completely different kid out there. He lost over 20 lbs this summer from the work and conditioning he put in with the coaching staff.

Kid is working hard. Don't judge him off one game.

Not questioning his improvement at all, that's evident. But he still his no where near varsity starter or 6th man material. He wouldn't last a lot of minutes and struggles to get up and down the court. Better yes, good enough - no