Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK/Duke Predictions

Who wins this matchup? 43 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins this matchup?

    • Defending National Champs Duke
      30%
    • Defending National Semifinalists UK
      69%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I know both teams have games before then but who cares about those little piddly games? This game is all that matters. This game is the kickoff to the season. Not Siena or NJIT.

 

So who you got? The defending national champions, Duke, that are #1 in the Ken Pom rankings or the the defending national semifinalists, UK, that is #2 in the preseason AP poll?

 

UK has to still be smarting after failing to finish their 2014/15 season at 38-1 and not 40-0. Will they go ahead and get their first loss out of the way on November 17?

 

Duke is sitting on cloud 9 right now. The defending national champs stay winning on and off the court as they currently have the #1 recruiting class in the nation after recently securing the services of Harry Giles III making Duke the first team ever to have the #1 and #2 overall players in the same recruiting class.

 

UK likely comes into the game as the favorite because I only know one person who pays attention to the Ken Pom rankings and I already told him he needs to be careful. UK had the #1 recruiting class of 2015 and they return more experience this year than in the previous seasons so they are a legitimate threat to defend their title of national semifinalist. Duke had a pretty good recruiting class themselves and while they return some experienced players it appears on paper that UK has the edge with returning players and incoming players. UK target Luke Kennard will hit the floor as a Blue Devil so that will likely stir some emotions up in some UK fans. Luke said he grew up a UK fan but I have a feeling he won't be cheering along with BBN on Tuesday evening.

 

This game is an excellent way to kick off the season. All of the pressure will be on UK to perform. Will Jamal Murray get a triple double like he almost did against Ottawa? Will Brandon Ingram regret not signing with UK like all of the best players should be doing? Will Tyler Ulis dominate Derryck Thornton? Will Alex Poythress dunk on Marshall Plumlee? Can Coach K out coach Coach Cal like he has been out recruiting him lately? Will UK step up and handle all of the pressure on them to appease the fans of BBN?

 

Since my birth on July 31, 1974 UK has a 2-7 record against Duke. Since "The Shot" in 1992 UK has only defeated Duke once and that was in 1998. So yes, that means that Duke is undefeated against UK in the new Millineum. Can UK finally get that unreachable win against Duke in the new Millineum?

 

We shall see on November 17th. I. Can't. Wait.

  • Replies 127
  • Views 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't seen either play but I give Duke the edge.

Edited by uk#1fan

I'm with uk#1fan, I give Duke the advantage in this one. Don't care how many losses, just as long as the CATS make it to the final four.

UK in a close one. PG play will be the difference.

Can't look ahead PP92, gotta take it one game at a time.

 

With that being said...avatar wager? Winner picks losers until Jan 1st?

And FWIW, that's a solid pre-game write up haha!

 

I forgot about Kennard. Looking forward to watching him this year, but hope he struggles in this one.

I think it's a toss-up. If it were at Cameron, I'd give Duke the edge, Rupp I'd give Kentucky the edge. On a neutral court this early in the season for two teams as talented and young as they both are, I just can't see one overwhelming the other.

 

I will say I think the two best players on the court will be in a Kentucky jersey, but Duke has every bit the talent they do top to bottom. Should be a good one.

I'll take that Cats by 7. I think UK has the chance to be one of the best back courts in college basketball, and like the way the have found a way to score the past two games, whether the be the 3 pointer or driving to the basket, albeit in exhibition games. However, if UK has the best back court, then Duke has the second best back court. Id say it is a 1A/1B situation. Admittedly, I haven't seen or kept up with all the other back courts in college basketball, so this is just an opinion.

 

That being said, I think this game will be won in the front court. Aside from Plumlee, who does Duke have down low? I always had the impression that Dukes front court was more of a finesse, shooting friendly front court as opposed to a bruising type. If this is true for this year, I think the match up favors UK. I have really been impressed with the way Skal has shot the ball this year from outside the paint. He needs to get stronger and become a more dominant inside presence, but I think that will come with time. If Skal is hitting those jumpers, and we get solid rebounds from Poythress and Lee, I feel really good about our chances in this game.

I give the early season edge to Duke, hoping Cats are ready for the defensive intensity that Duke presents. Coach K's team play with more defensive intensity than just about any other team...They just get up inside you in the half court and don't give you time or space to run what you want to.

UK may not win a game this year.

 

 

Duke by 77

By the way, who is the rookie that created this thread without a poll? :no::no:

So we're over looking Albany and NJIT?

 

Will the fans overlooking those two games have any bearing on how UK plays against those two schools? :lol2::lol2:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.