Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK/Duke Predictions

Who wins this matchup? 43 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins this matchup?

    • Defending National Champs Duke
      30%
    • Defending National Semifinalists UK
      69%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Weren't John Wall and Demarcus Cousins the top 2 recruits in 2009?

  • Replies 127
  • Views 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Grayson Allen.. That is all...

 

He really turned it on towards the end of last year. Really looking forward to seeing how he develops in his 2nd season.

It'll be a close game no matter who wins, I hope it's the Cats instead of the Devils but I myself don't have a good feeling about this game. Almost the same feeling I had before the Wisconsin game in April. That being said..... Cats by 3 on a Tyler Ulis or Jamal Murrary buzzer beater.

Weren't John Wall and Demarcus Cousins the top 2 recruits in 2009?

 

Yes, they were by those who knew what was going on. Seems like ESPN had Avery Bradley #1 that season.

UK may not win a game this year.

 

 

Duke by 77

While UK will win some games, I have said for some time we are in the early stages of a Duke Dynasty. 40-0 by the Blue Devils should be expected and anything less will be a colossal disaster.

For some serious talk, I still can't wrap my head around what was more shocking. The fact UK lost to Wisconsin, or the fact Duke beat Wisconsin to win the title, especially in the fashion that they did. The tournament is a weird animal so you never know what you are going to get. UK was clearly best in the nation, but they didn't win the tournament. Such is life. I think this year's team has a shot to be really good, but it ain't last year's team. I foresee some growing pains for UK. Duke, on the other hand, seems to generally play well out of the gates. That is because of coaching. Early season you got to like the Devils.

  • Author
Can't look ahead PP92, gotta take it one game at a time.

 

With that being said...avatar wager? Winner picks losers until Jan 1st?

 

Sounds good to me!!!

  • Author
And FWIW, that's a solid pre-game write up haha!

 

I forgot about Kennard. Looking forward to watching him this year, but hope he struggles in this one.

 

Thank you, Sir!!!

 

Do your thing, Luke!!!! #usetheforce

  • Author
By the way, who is the rookie that created this thread without a poll? :no::no:

 

Man, I am so ashamed of myself. All I kept saying is don't forget the poll. I have failed BGP.

While UK will win some games, I have said for some time we are in the early stages of a Duke Dynasty. 40-0 by the Blue Devils should be expected and anything less will be a colossal disaster.

 

I disagree, Coach K is getting some age on him and while there an several good coaches in the world I don't see one keeping Duke at the level he has them. I do believe college basketball is about to be all Kentucky and Duke the next few years though.

I disagree, Coach K is getting some age on him and while there an several good coaches in the world I don't see one keeping Duke at the level he has them. I do believe college basketball is about to be all Kentucky and Duke the next few years though.

 

I do believe that was sarcasm

Man, I am so ashamed of myself. All I kept saying is don't forget the poll. I have failed BGP.

 

And you call yourself a premium member.

I disagree, Coach K is getting some age on him and while there an several good coaches in the world I don't see one keeping Duke at the level he has them. I do believe college basketball is about to be all Kentucky and Duke the next few years though.

While my post was meant in jest, Duke has seen a reversal of fortune the past 6-7 years. After Duke's early 2000s title, something went missing from Coach K. He started looking physically bad and the teams were good, but something was missing. I thought he would be done coaching before surpassing Rupp or Knight. Not sure if it was his assignment to the team USA, a bump in recruiting, the fountain of youth, Zija, or what it was, but Coach K got his groove back.

UK/Duke then Jags on tv. Gonna be a great week.. .Maybe...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.