Commissioner’s Response to Home School Proposal (BR396)

theguru

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Join a club team if you are homeschooled.

This best of both worlds stuff kills me. The majority of the people that I have talked to who home schooled their kids gave the reason of "not wanting to subject my kid(s) to having to attend a school that doesn't meet the needs I want them to receive" SO why would you want them to play sports with the same kids that you don't want them to sit side by side in a classroom with?

Well...... apparently they didn't need to play sports either. The YMCA is right down the road probably, sign them up for a team there they give trophies away @ the end of the season too.

Just how many kids are we talking abut in a school year? I think it would only be a few?

when I was AD, I would receive almost weekly calls from either home schooled kids parents or on a lesser note, someone who wanted to play a sport that their school didn't offer, but they lived in our attendance area & chose to attend elsewhere.

Who cares if someone wanted to home-school their child but wanted them to play sports at their local school? Does it make that much of a difference...they do pay taxes so let them play. It's not that serious of an issue unless you have a greater argument than "don't give me the I pay taxes crap, so do people who don't even have kids."