Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

3A Playoff Predictions

Featured Replies

Boyle is a great team and more than capable of winning it but their loss to LeXCath means they most likely will have to beat 4 of the States Top 25 teams with none of those games played in Danville

 

I, for one, think it is foolish to count possibly the best team in KY out..: at the same time the REBS have a ton of work ahead of them

 

Possibly best team in Kentucky? You're kidding right? Get outta here with that foolishness! Haha

  • Replies 55
  • Views 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Etown vs Central

Bell vs Belfry

 

Central vs Belfry

 

Central back to the top of the mountain.

Possibly best team in Kentucky? You're kidding right? Get outta here with that foolishness! Haha

 

Talkin bout 3a

 

Male, Trinity, and Simon Kenton would work them over beyond belief.

The semifinals are very tough to call. Right now, I believe Belfry and Central are the best. I look forward to seeing how 3A wraps up.

 

If there was a class to say it's up for grabs, this is clearly the one.

There always seem to be some "outlying circumstances" that seem to effect the outcomes in the playoffs. (such as injuries,travel, weather, etc.).

You add them into a brutal gauntlet of games in the west this year, and there is a distinct chance that you have 5-6 possible teams out of the west. Boyle, Lex, Central, PT, Caldwell, E-Town.

On paper, probably only half of those are considered serious, but they all have to play to get there, and that is where the grind of running the gauntlet along with those aforementioned outlying factors come into play.

--Just saying, it could be a surprise----

You all forgetting that Boyle County is in this as well?

 

I don't think they forgot...I think they saw their path and said I don't think that one is possible.

 

Round 1 Waggener

Round 2 @ Central

Round 3 @ Lexington Catholic

Round 4 @ Caldwell County or someone way out west

Round 5 vs Belfry.

 

That just screams ouch. I don't know of a potential contender that has a tougher route in 3A and possibly the entire state.

I don't think they forgot...I think they saw their path and said I don't think that one is possible.

 

Round 1 Waggener

Round 2 @ Central

Round 3 @ Lexington Catholic

Round 4 @ Caldwell County or someone way out west

Round 5 vs Belfry.

 

That just screams ouch. I don't know of a potential contender that has a tougher route in 3A and possibly the entire state.

 

calpreps.com

 

Cooper is ranked ninth in the state out of 220+. I'd say they're a contender.

 

1R: Seneca

2R: 34-Conner

3R: 3-Simon Kenton

4R: 4-Scott County

5R: 1-Male

 

That's playing 3 of the top 4 teams overall in the state (and can't play the 4th since it plays No. 1)

 

And Male doesn't have an easy road:

1R: Jeffersontown

2R: 15-DuPont Manual

3R: 2-Trinity

4R: 23-McCracken County

5R: 3-Simon Kenton

 

Even Trinity, a definite contender, could have to go through 3 of the top 5 teams in the state (not just class). That's as hard as it gets since Trinity is also one of the top 5 and can't play the other (since 3 SK and 4 Scott would knock each other out).

 

To put Boyle's path in perspective, Waggener is 106, Lexington Catholic is 18, Louisville Central is 17, Elizabethtown is 26 (Caldwell is 29) and Belfry is 8. Only one top-16 team.

calpreps.com

 

Cooper is ranked ninth in the state out of 220+. I'd say they're a contender.

 

1R: Seneca

2R: 34-Conner

3R: 3-Simon Kenton

4R: 4-Scott County

5R: 1-Male

 

That's playing 3 of the top 4 teams overall in the state (and can't play the 4th since it plays No. 1)

 

And Male doesn't have an easy road:

1R: Jeffersontown

2R: 15-DuPont Manual

3R: 2-Trinity

4R: 23-McCracken County

5R: 3-Simon Kenton

 

Even Trinity, a definite contender, could have to go through 3 of the top 5 teams in the state (not just class). That's as hard as it gets since Trinity is also one of the top 5 and can't play the other (since 3 SK and 4 Scott would knock each other out).

 

To put Boyle's path in perspective, Waggener is 106, Lexington Catholic is 18, Louisville Central is 17, Elizabethtown is 26 (Caldwell is 29) and Belfry is 8. Only one top-16 team.

 

 

Cooper and Male will have running clocks in their first round game. Boyle County won't. I think that is more of the point of the tougher road. Of course the two 6A schools will face higher ranked teams but Boyle County's very first game isn't a gimme game. Boyle County could lose the first game and folks shouldn't be surprised. They easily have the toughest road to WKU of any contending team in the state regardless of class.

Belfry vs Corbin

Caldwell Co vs Lexington Catholic

 

Belfry vs Lexington Catholic

 

Lexington Catholic Champs

 

Replace LexCath w/Boyle Co and you got it right!

 

;)

I don't think they forgot...I think they saw their path and said I don't think that one is possible.

 

Round 1 Waggener

Round 2 @ Central

Round 3 @ Lexington Catholic

Round 4 @ Caldwell County or someone way out west

Round 5 vs Belfry.

 

That just screams ouch. I don't know of a potential contender that has a tougher route in 3A and possibly the entire state.

 

 

Just the way Chuck Smith likes it...tough. He can keep the teams attention. I really like Boyle to get to LexCath. I just hope we take care of the ball a little better this time.

Replace LexCath w/Boyle Co and you got it right!

 

;)

I could go with that, as I like Boyle Co better.

Still think it will come down to Central vs. Belfry. Think Belfry takes another close one

Replace LexCath w/Boyle Co and you got it right!

 

;)

 

Replace Boyle Co with Lou Central then @Jumper_Dad would have it right :popcorn:

I could go with that, as I like Boyle Co better.

 

Nah, I would go with Lou Central, as I like Central better :whistling:

I think Central will beat LexCath if they can get by Boyle...and Boyle will have its hands full w/LexCath if they beat Central. Central will find it hard to run vs Boyle.

 

It's all about match ups.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.