Mason County 2015/1016

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are their names?

I'm not gonna throw out their names due to the fact they're my classmates and I dont want to put them on the spot like that. We'll see how things turn out once the football team gets to try out and practice some.

Edited by RoyalWildcat
Grammar

I disagree. Their skill set might be a little rusty, but sometimes a kid like that who has possibly played alongside actual players in pick up games, etc., could have a lot to offer.

I think the one kid Clark Co had over the last 2-3 years had just been playing at the YMCA and I believe he came in and contributed right away.

The difference is he played on the Freshman team, tried out his Sophomore and Junior years and couldn't make the team. That is when we had Zollo, Stenzel and all that talent. He tried out his senior year and not only made the team but ended up a starter and had a great year. Got a scholarship to Asbury and will be playing for Campbellsville this year starting in Jan. Taylor Howard was his name.

As for Mason Co they may have a few bumps in the road with a new coach and being young but don't count them out come tourney time.

Mason County will be better than most people think, how good that is will depend on their ability to tap into that elite tradition they have. At Augusta, in our own small way, we have tried to emulate that tradition and elite expectation with great success. If you don't expect to win.....you won't.

I haven't seen any mention of his name while reading through these comments, but I think Conner Sweeney will have to step up and absorb a huge new role this season. As the only experienced big man on the roster, he is going to have to hold down the fort in the paint and really take control as a leader. Pig can only do so much, and being in the shadows of names like Shawn Johnson, Dorian Henry, and Jake O'Mara for the past 2 years, Sweeney will have a huge workload that he'll have to carry in order for this team to be successful. Go Royals!

I haven't seen any mention of his name while reading through these comments, but I think Conner Sweeney will have to step up and absorb a huge new role this season. As the only experienced big man on the roster, he is going to have to hold down the fort in the paint and really take control as a leader. Pig can only do so much, and being in the shadows of names like Shawn Johnson, Dorian Henry, and Jake O'Mara for the past 2 years, Sweeney will have a huge workload that he'll have to carry in order for this team to be successful. Go Royals!

Darren Williams is just as experienced as Sweeney is, both will need to have some inside presence instead of staying away from the paint like they've done in the past. The Mason Co guards will really have to help them out with rebounding also.

Did anyone happen to catch any of Mason Counties summer games? I thought they looked decent in the few games I got to see, and I'm sure with the amount of time they've been spending in the gym, they'll look even better come regular season. Let's Play Ball!!!!!

Mason played with Cov. Catholic most of the first half and led by seven. Then they went about 4 minutes without scoring including two one plus one and trailed by 3 at half. Mason lost by the score of 64-55 and lost due to mostly three point shots. Mason shot 4-22 and Catholic shot 9-21. Pig Williams led Mason with 17, Conner Sweeney had 14 and Darren Williams with 11 all in the first half. On to the regular season on Tuesday at the Fieldhouse against Western Brown, Ohio.