Mason County 2015/1016

One things for sure it will be a good tournament. I am with you on the seeding, but unfortunately that won't happen anytime soon I am afraid. Last I checked Bracken and St. Pat voted for seeding while Mason and Augusta voted for the dreaded draw.

Reason for that is in Augusta's case they will take their chances and hope to stay away from Mason County in the first round. For Mason County they don't want to have to dedicate 6 games for seeding. Not to mention they don't want to have to travel to Augusta or St. Pat to play a game. They feel those games would be better served against bigger opposition than for district play.

I guess they could forfeit their district games and take the 4 seed. So they wouldn't have to schedule district games. Personally I think all district should seed and I believe all but 3 in the state do with two of the three that don't being in the 10th region.

I see what you're saying. Seeding is only important when you have Augusta, Bracken and Mason about as close as they'll ever be. No one wants to see Mason vs. St Pat :idunno:

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really think all the talk about the district being so even is a bit out there. Don't get me wrong, on paper they look extremely even. But, when you break them down I still have a hard time seeing Mason County not dominate or even sweep the district. Of course they are young but extremely talented. Bracken County will be extremely improved but they are nothing like the Brent Bach lead teams Coach Hinson has had in the past. Still think the top 2 teams in the district are Mason and Augusta but time will tell

Augusta stood toe to toe with an obviously talented Mason team in the regular season before falling by 11 last year. Augusta returns that core group, whereas Mason has a much less experienced team this season. No question with both having new coaches that could impact things, though.

Augusta stood toe to toe with an obviously talented Mason team in the regular season before falling by 11 last year. Augusta returns that core group, whereas Mason has a much less experienced team this season. No question with both having new coaches that could impact things, though.

I agree, just feel as if a lot of people are overlooking the young talent Mason County has playing this year, personally I have the district ranked:

1. Mason County

2. Augusta

2a. Bracken County

4. St. Pat

We'll see how it all shakes out in the end but going into the season I've got the district like this:

1. Augusta

2. Mason County

3. Bracken County

4. St. Patrick

Augusta returns a trio of seniors that have known nothing but success. Too bad they lost Jason Hinson as their coach but he couldn't take their talent with him and I like Brian Kirk and look for him to have the Panthers in the thick of things in late February. I put Mason County at #2 due to their lack of post-season and varsity experience. In the past three seasons the Royals have had a ton of talent but couldn't get it done come tournament time. Now this season with less talent, Coach Biggs will have his hands full. I've put Bracken County in the #3 spot because I just can't put them ahead of the Royals right now. I think Coach Hinson will improve the Polar Bears this season but I feel they are still a year away from that dream season they've been waiting for in Brooksville for a long time. St. Patrick comes in at #4 but I applaud Coach Taylor for sticking around and having his boys ready to play every night.

It won't take long to find out how the district is shaping up.

Dec. 8 Augusta @ Bracken Co.

Dec. 15 Mason Co. @ Bracken Co.

Dec. 21 Augusta @ Mason Co.

We'll see how it all shakes out in the end but going into the season I've got the district like this:

1. Augusta

2. Mason County

3. Bracken County

4. St. Patrick

Augusta returns a trio of seniors that have known nothing but success. Too bad they lost Jason Hinson as their coach but he couldn't take their talent with him and I like Brian Kirk and look for him to have the Panthers in the thick of things in late February. I put Mason County at #2 due to their lack of post-season and varsity experience. In the past three seasons the Royals have had a ton of talent but couldn't get it done come tournament time. Now this season with less talent, Coach Biggs will have his hands full. I've put Bracken County in the #3 spot because I just can't put them ahead of the Royals right now. I think Coach Hinson will improve the Polar Bears this season but I feel they are still a year away from that dream season they've been waiting for in Brooksville for a long time. St. Patrick comes in at #4 but I applaud Coach Taylor for sticking around and having his boys ready to play every night.

It won't take long to find out how the district is shaping up.

Dec. 8 Augusta @ Bracken Co.

Dec. 15 Mason Co. @ Bracken Co.

Dec. 21 Augusta @ Mason Co.

This team is inexperienced and young, but to say they are less talented is crazy. The only person who they will have trouble replacing is Henry. This team is still plenty talented and may even be deeper than last year's team.

This team is inexperienced and young, but to say they are less talented is crazy. The only person who they will have trouble replacing is Henry. This team is still plenty talented and may even be deeper than last year's team.

I agree, let's not forget how good the JV team has been the last several years. Coach Cox was the head coach of them although he's now with the Lady Royals let's not forget he played for Coach Biggs and Coached under him too. I look for the Royals to shock a lot of people this year.

Last season, I'm sure you remember, the Royals entered the 10th region tournament 27-2, were ranked, heavily favored, and talented. Although the wheels fell off in their quarterfinal matchup with Harrison County that's a lot to live up to. JV success is great but there's no given it carries over especially when facing veteran, senior-led teams.

Last season, I'm sure you remember, the Royals entered the 10th region tournament 27-2, were ranked, heavily favored, and talented. Although the wheels fell off in their quarterfinal matchup with Harrison County that's a lot to live up to. JV success is great but there's no given it carries over especially when facing veteran, senior-led teams.

The senior led team is also the kids that the MaCo seniors have been playing against since 2nd grade. Don't get me wrong I respect Snapp, Maddox, and Crawford and enjoy watching them play together. I just believe that MaCo is too quick, too deep, and too athletic for Augusta to compete in a full game.

In the district championship game last year the Panthers were wore out 1/2 way through the 3rd quarter just because of the lack of bench production they have. I see that being their weakness this season also. MaCo will be a very fast paced team this year so it won't be any easier on them.

The senior led team is also the kids that the MaCo seniors have been playing against since 2nd grade. Don't get me wrong I respect Snapp, Maddox, and Crawford and enjoy watching them play together. I just believe that MaCo is too quick, too deep, and too athletic for Augusta to compete in a full game.

In the district championship game last year the Panthers were wore out 1/2 way through the 3rd quarter just because of the lack of bench production they have. I see that being their weakness this season also. MaCo will be a very fast paced team this year so it won't be any easier on them.

In regard to the district championship last year:

There is not a lot of depth at Augusta, so therefore, them playing without Camryn Snapp versus a game played with him is like apples to oranges.