Mason County 2015/1016

In regard to the district championship last year:

There is not a lot of depth at Augusta, so therefore, them playing without Camryn Snapp versus a game played with him is like apples to oranges.

You're also forgetting Augusta lost 3 seniors that were very valuable to the team. That also makes them a lot thinner. They have Snapp, Crawford, Maddox, and Shoemaker, other than that it's not much. Stamina and foul trouble will haunt them all season.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pork

Last season, I'm sure you remember, the Royals entered the 10th region tournament 27-2, were ranked, heavily favored, and talented. Although the wheels fell off in their quarterfinal matchup with Harrison County that's a lot to live up to. JV success is great but there's no given it carries over especially when facing veteran, senior-led teams.

Not saying that they won't miss the senior leaders from last season, just simply saying this team will not lack in talent and might even be deeper than last season teams.

You're also forgetting Augusta lost 3 seniors that were very valuable to the team. That also makes them a lot thinner. They have Snapp, Crawford, Maddox, and Shoemaker, other than that it's not much. Stamina and foul trouble will haunt them all season.

I'm not forgetting that at all. That's why I said there is not much depth.

My larger point was, it's irrelevant to compare any Augusta game without Snapp vs with him.

What players are you referring to? If they haven't played since middle school won't they be significantly behind skill-wise? Will they even make a difference?

They've still played basketball, just not on the team. I've played against them in the church league in Maysville. Believe it or not it's a really competitive league. Tyler Black, Justin Lang, Troy Gibbs,and other former highschool players. So lacking skills definitely won't be an issue for them.

They've still played basketball, just not on the team. I've played against them in the church league in Maysville. Believe it or not it's a really competitive league. Tyler Black, Justin Lang, Troy Gibbs,and other former highschool players. So lacking skills definitely won't be an issue for them.

Any particular reason why those boys would now be trying out?

Im with Opie why wait till your senior yr to try out? Why not have been on the team this whole time? Could have enjoyed the Bach years and contributed as well may have even helped Augusta 2 yrs ago when they were serious contenders for the Region. Had MoCo on the ropes just ran out of time.

Are these players for Augusta or Mason?

Edited by BrooksvilleBear
Misinterpretation

Hells far I don't care about a church leauge. Playing for Jesus and Buddy Biggs are two completely different things. Going from a church rec center the Fieldhouse? If they didn't have the determination and desire back then they won't have it now. The church leauge is probably about as competitive as a game of tiddlywinks. Don't expect any of these players to make any impact whatsoever, they will behind. And what would the other Mason County kids think if one if a first year senior would to play over them?

I disagree. Their skill set might be a little rusty, but sometimes a kid like that who has possibly played alongside actual players in pick up games, etc., could have a lot to offer.

I think the one kid Clark Co had over the last 2-3 years had just been playing at the YMCA and I believe he came in and contributed right away.

Im with Opie why wait till your senior yr to try out? Why not have been on the team this whole time? Could have enjoyed the Bach years and contributed as well may have even helped Augusta 2 yrs ago when they were serious contenders for the Region. Had MoCo on the ropes just ran out of time.

Not sure anyone in Mason County "enjoyed" the Bach years. These kids played football the 1st three years of high school and after this season didn't go so well I guess they figured to play basketball again. Can't really blame them for wanting to play.

I disagree. Their skill set might be a little rusty, but sometimes a kid like that who has possibly played alongside actual players in pick up games, etc., could have a lot to offer.

I think the one kid Clark Co had over the last 2-3 years had just been playing at the YMCA and I believe he came in and contributed right away.

My point exactly. The Mason Co kids won't care at all if they're winning. Everyone on BGP putting them down and saying Bracken and Augusta will beat them has motivated them very much.

I've seen enough church leagues in my day to know that for every Tyler Black and Justin Lang, there are 5 teams that look a lot more like Guards on an NFL line than Guards in a High School Backcourt. (And the only reason they look like NFL players is weight, not skill.)