Mason County 2015/1016

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Royals will go as Pig Williams goes. Very inexperienced group this year. Garrison will also have to step up this season. Have some decent size but none with any real varsity minutes. Mason will be competitive as usual but I see them with 10-12 losses. Will be some good district games this year as well as tournament. Pig has not needed to be the prolific go to guy is seasons past Im interested to see how he adjusts to that new role this season. Not to mention how is his knee going to be. Hopefully it will not be something that is a nagging injury that comes and goes all season.

The Royals will go as Pig Williams goes. Very inexperienced group this year. Garrison will also have to step up this season. Have some decent size but none with any real varsity minutes. Mason will be competitive as usual but I see them with 10-12 losses. Will be some good district games this year as well as tournament. Pig has not needed to be the prolific go to guy is seasons past Im interested to see how he adjusts to that new role this season. Not to mention how is his knee going to be. Hopefully it will not be something that is a nagging injury that comes and goes all season.

Which 10-12 games do you see them losing sir? I see Lex Cath, Campbell, Holmes, Rowan, and possibly MoCo, GRC, Scott and Pendleton. Other than that I'm not seeing anything. That's just 8 games.

Which 10-12 games do you see them losing sir? I see Lex Cath, Campbell, Holmes, Rowan, and possibly MoCo, GRC, Scott and Pendleton. Other than that I'm not seeing anything. That's just 8 games.

Ill answer your question with a question sir. Do you see them running the table in their district? I do not. And to add to the list you already have I would put Paris and Brossart. Mason, Augusta (whom they didnt schedule), and Bracken (Dec 15 @Bracken) are all about as equal as a district can get any of the 3 could win it this year. So I feel pretty confident in my 10-12 statement. Mason is down this year. If its just for one season it is what it is. They will bounce back once this new group gets a season at the varsity level under their belts. May take a season or two. Is it so far fetched that the other schools in their district have caught up with them for a season or three?

Ill answer your question with a question sir. Do you see them running the table in their district? I do not. And to add to the list you already have I would put Paris and Brossart. Mason, Augusta (whom they didnt schedule), and Bracken (Dec 15 @Bracken) are all about as equal as a district can get any of the 3 could win it this year. So I feel pretty confident in my 10-12 statement. Mason is down this year. If its just for one season it is what it is. They will bounce back once this new group gets a season at the varsity level under their belts. May take a season or two. Is it so far fetched that the other schools in their district have caught up with them for a season or three?

This statement is only relative when looking at past Mason teams. Mason County's JV teams have been very solid the past couple years with several players waiting their turn to hit the V level. The x factor in all this is Coach Biggs. You add a new coach, you can throw old stats out the window.

I'm willing to bet that Coach B will have this team playing a different style of basketball than they have in the past. Not good or bad, just different.

I would expect that a different level of discipline may be in place (again, not good or bad, just different).

I will agree that the district is pretty evenly matched at this point, I would question a prior post that Pendelton is a loss for Mason at this point...

This statement is only relative when looking at past Mason teams. Mason County's JV teams have been very solid the past couple years with several players waiting their turn to hit the V level. The x factor in all this is Coach Biggs. You add a new coach, you can throw old stats out the window.

I'm willing to bet that Coach B will have this team playing a different style of basketball than they have in the past. Not good or bad, just different.

I would expect that a different level of discipline may be in place (again, not good or bad, just different).

I will agree that the district is pretty evenly matched at this point, I would question a prior post that Pendelton is a loss for Mason at this point...

Couldn't have said it better myself. I personally don't think Augusta will beat them just because they lost Jason Hinson. If they still had him then yes I would see it happening very easily.

I'm not sure Bracken will be used to the Hinson style by the time they play in regular season either. The entire X-Factor in this situation is Jason Hinson.