Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Things that you can do without that is part of the game as a fan

Featured Replies

I posted here because I am talking about football games and the things you can do without, while attending them.

 

Could be fun, I think.

  • Replies 106
  • Views 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could do without the other team winning. Seems to be happening way to much this year with my team! lol!

I could do without the extra 3 minutes put on the halftime intermission clock.

 

I can do without PA Announcers acting as if they are doing radio play by play.

I could do without the extra 3 minutes put on the halftime intermission clock.

 

I can do without PA Announcers acting as if they are doing radio play by play.

I hate this...we had a speaker right behind the visitors seating at one game several years ago. One of the dad's ended up cutting the cord to the speaker because it was so annoying.

If I never sit near a bunch of Mom's or Grandma's or Dad's that don't understand football and complain about every play, it will be too soon.

Cheerleaders. I am more annoyed by them in basketball but could do without them in football as well.

People that attend a game and complain about fans that dare to be passionate about the game? The atmosphere at pro and college games is electric, most high school games I have attended have fans that act like they are offended if you, yell, loudly cheer, use cowbells or air horns. I have NEVER understood this. Outside of the student section there seems to be an unwritten rule that doesn't allow for any fans with a passion for the game. Please tell me I am not the only one that sees this!

People that attend a game and complain about fans that dare to be passionate about the game? The atmosphere at pro and college games is electric, most high school games I have attended have fans that act like they are offended if you, yell, loudly cheer, use cowbells or air horns. I have NEVER understood this. Outside of the student section there seems to be an unwritten rule that doesn't allow for any fans with a passion for the game. Please tell me I am not the only one that sees this!

 

Sorry dude, but I'd disagree with you on part of this. Yelling and loudly cheering (as long as you're not swearing or spitting in the process) are fine. It's not church. But, by that same token, you still need to have some respect for the people around you too. When you have a device that can cause hearing damage (air horn), you need to be aware of that. Too many people are not. Just because it's not pointed towards your ears doesn't mean it's not pointed towards someone else's.

I could do without the extra 3 minutes put on the halftime intermission clock.

 

I can do without PA Announcers acting as if they are doing radio play by play.

 

Thats a federation safety rule, it aint going anywhere.

Thats a federation safety rule, it aint going anywhere.

 

Why not just make halftime 18 or 20 minutes?

Why not just make halftime 18 or 20 minutes?

 

Something in the rulebook (dont have it in front of me) Defines no set time for "Halftime", however it does state that there must be a 3 minute warm up period after the "Halftime" period. Its also the reason that teams must be on the playing filed by the time the 3 minute warm up period starts, or face a 15 yard penalty. (this is not enforced very well in KY.)

Two weeks ago the team we played was not on the field when the 3 mins started. Our coach was told by the officials that they just had to be out before the 3 minutes was up.

 

Is this correct?

Something in the rulebook (dont have it in front of me) Defines no set time for "Halftime", however it does state that there must be a 3 minute warm up period after the "Halftime" period. Its also the reason that teams must be on the playing filed by the time the 3 minute warm up period starts, or face a 15 yard penalty. (this is not enforced very well in KY.)

 

Cool. Thanks for the info.

The high price of concessions.

Thats a federation safety rule, it aint going anywhere.

 

I still can do without it!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.