NKY Power Rankings 09-28-15 Sponsored by Orange Leaf Crescent Springs

I highly doubt SK or Scott will play much of their first team going into playoffs. I wouldn't use that as a gauge as to whether or not Scott could beat Highlands. Scotts only loss was one in which they were missing some key defensive players. Who wins between Scott and Highlands? Who Knows!!

A coach who does not play his best players heading into the playoffs is setting himself up for disaster.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I highly doubt SK or Scott will play much of their first team going into playoffs. I wouldn't use that as a gauge as to whether or not Scott could beat Highlands. Scotts only loss was one in which they were missing some key defensive players. Who wins between Scott and Highlands? Who Knows!!

In all honesty, Scott should have lost to NCC, watch the game, and tell me differently. Highlands would beat Scott by 21, easily.

I have Simon Kenton as a solid favorite over Ryle and the Highlands game didn't change that opinion.

I don't. I thought that Highlands exposed some things, passing wise. They just couldn't take advantage. I believe that Ryle can. It will come down to how Ryle stops SK's rushing attack.

Scott should of beaten Conner . As far as SK they have been blowing all the teams out of the water . I have no doubt they are better than Scott with the depth . I see Scott losing by a good margin unfortunately to SK, as would many teams this season. Scott is not as awful as you say . They beat NCC ! Yes u say shouldn't and yet they did . They also will finish out well, as long as they can overcome the injuries . I see Scott hosting a Playoff game this season . If they do , that is great for them and an improvement for the program . As for the athletes on this years roster, many will be missed after this season . There are some of these boys , that will end up playing at the next level as well despite your opinion MR. Raiderrailbird. I Do not understand what your beef is with the program and the kids . I think Scott at 7 is a reasonable spot , and not to far fetched.

False. I'm looking at the teams.

And you and I know there's no way of "proving it". Scott and Highlands don't play each other this year.

However, it's going to be interesting to see what happens when Highlands plays Dixie Heights and Scott plays Simon Kenton. That should give us some better insight, and I'm pretty confident that it's going to become pretty clear that Highlands would be the winner if the Birds and the Eagles played each other.

Highlands did not score a touchdown against Simon Kenton. Scott will, and if they do will you say Scott is better.

Scott should of beaten Conner . As far as SK they have been blowing all the teams out of the water . I have no doubt they are better than Scott with the depth . I see Scott losing by a good margin unfortunately to SK, as would many teams this season. Scott is not as awful as you say . They beat NCC ! Yes u say shouldn't and yet they did . They also will finish out well, as long as they can overcome the injuries . I see Scott hosting a Playoff game this season . If they do , that is great for them and an improvement for the program . As for the athletes on this years roster, many will be missed after this season . There are some of these boys , that will end up playing at the next level as well despite your opinion MR. Raiderrailbird. I Do not understand what your beef is with the program and the kids . I think Scott at 7 is a reasonable spot , and not to far fetched.

Scott hosting a playoff game will be great for the community and program.

Building blocks.

False. I'm looking at the teams.

And you and I know there's no way of "proving it". Scott and Highlands don't play each other this year.

However, it's going to be interesting to see what happens when Highlands plays Dixie Heights and Scott plays Simon Kenton. That should give us some better insight, and I'm pretty confident that it's going to become pretty clear that Highlands would be the winner if the Birds and the Eagles played each other.

Highlands did not score a touchdown against Simon Kenton. Scott will, and if they do will you say Scott is better.?

I checked the KHSAA website. Didn't see a "should have won" column.:lol2:

I agree , I said that in reference to someone stated on this thread , Newcath should of beaten Scott that they were at the game . Scott found a way to win that one as Tucker made a heads up play and the team rallied behind him and won !! It is a game for a reason . Just like Conner . Scott defense held run game down in the first half , until Tucker got injured and did not return in the second half . Conner then had thier way with the run game . Scott is not a bad team, they are not deep in numbers . But they do not deserve some of the trash talk that some posters post. I am not saying you on that as much as radierrailbird saying the things he has about the program and things he has said on some kids making it to college level .

Highlands did not score a touchdown against Simon Kenton. Scott will, and if they do will you say Scott is better.

Great point !! Also scott beat Dixie by 29. So who cares if Highlands beats Dixie by 20 or more , Scott did it . This is a down year for Highlands , and Scott is having probably the best season in school history . I think with that being said if they played each other it would be a good game and maybe Highlands would win , but Scott would hold thier own in this matchup (this year ).

The reason I put Scott ahead of Highlands in my opinion, is that while Scott's schedule is weaker, they have respectable wins against NCC and Holy Cross and a Very close loss to Conner. While the Highlands win at Campbell County doesn't mean anything and have REALLY bad looking losses, averaging scores of 43.6-14.8. At the present moment it's hard to qualify any ranking for them

The reason I put Scott ahead of Highlands in my opinion, is that while Scott's schedule is weaker, they have respectable wins against NCC and Holy Cross and a Very close loss to Conner. While the Highlands win at Campbell County doesn't mean anything and have REALLY bad looking losses, averaging scores of 43.6-14.8. At the present moment it's hard to qualify any ranking for them

This logic I can buy.