• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

#1- SK - until proven otherwise

#2- Ryle- powerful offense

#3- Cooper- Tough to beat when TCA is on the field

#4- CovCath- Beechwood win shows how tough their schedule has been

#5-Beechwood - Strongest NKY win over Lloyd

#6- Conner - Continue to put together solid wins

#7-Scott - 1 point loss to Conner only thing separating them from an undefeated season

#8 - Highlands - need to show more than 1 win against a team with no wins

#9- Lloyd - have a chance to show something this week against Conner

#10- NewCath- Can't seem to close out close games

Lets break this down........(IMO) Who could beat Highlands.

Beechwood (1A / 4-1) Maybe, just maybe

Bellevue (1A / 2-4) Only if Schreiber, the Sutkamp's, Crittenden, & Sprague's have eligibility left

Bishop Brossart (1A / 5-0) Not in your grandkids lifetime

Boone County (6A / 0-6) Uh.....NO!

Bracken County (1A / 2-4) Better chance of being hit by lightning

Campbell County (6A / 0-6) NA-DA

Carroll County (2A / 2-4) See Bracken Co.

Conner (6A / 4-1) Maybe, was impressed by this bunch

Cooper (6A / 4-2) Already did

CovCath (5A / 1-5) Good possibility

Dayton (1A / 1-5) Maybe with a team full of Jason Skirvin's

Dixie Heights (5A / 1-4) Last years team would of

Gallatin County (2A / 3-3) 33 vs. 11, and the Birds are still a slight favorite

Grant County (5A / 3-3) NOPE

Holmes (4A / 2-4) This isn't basketball

Holy Cross (2A / 2-3) Not even the 2011 2A State Champs

Lloyd Memorial (2A / 4-1) Maybe with a team full a Greg Kunkel, Billy Lyon, & Jelani Brandon's

Ludlow (1A / 4-2) Not happin'

Newport (2A / 1-4) Not even a chance

NewCath (2A / 2-4) This year it would be a fun game to watch, but I give this one to the Birds.

Owen County (2A / 2-3) That would be NO!

Pendleton County (3A / 1-4) See Brossart

Ryle (6A / 5-0) Already did

Scott (4A / 5-1) HELL NO

Simon Kenton (6A / 6-0) Already did

Walton-Verona (2A / 2-4) See Owen Co

Going a little overboard there with the Bellevue names. Put just one of those names on the roster and they would give the Tigers the edge. All some of the best impact football players to play in NKY over the past 50 yrs.

But I enjoyed reading the humorous breakdown.

#7-Scott - 1 point loss to Conner only thing separating them from an undefeated season

could not agree more with this

Here is my REAL top 10 of NKY

1) Ryle- best until proven otherwise

2) SK- 2nd best, behind Ryle

3) Cov. Cath.- Toughest sch. in NKY, would beat Cooper easily.

4) Cooper- Nice season, a cut below the top three

5) Beechwood- Some very good skill players, line shaky at best.

6) Highlands- Simple not the talent they usually have, still believe they would beat everyone below them though.

7) Conner- Smoke and mirrors, to this point.

8) NCC- Plays hard ever week, need to finish games.

9) Scott- VERY weak sch. and it just keeps getting weaker

10) Lloyd- somebody has to be 10th, I guess.

:dancingpa

I just can't possibly see Scott beating Highlands. I love seeing Scott's program improve, but I just don't think they're going to beat Highlands. The fact that Scott had Holy Cross put up 39 points on them is very telling, IMO. No disrespect to Scott, but if you were to hand them Highlands' schedule, there's no way they're going to do better with it than the Birds have.

Zero chance CCH beats Cooper "easily." I have nothing to use to make me think they are even a favorite.

For one, I've seen both teams play, Cooper is decent, but Cov.Cath has played power house, after power house, and would beat cooper. FYI Clyde, you did know that Lex. Cath's best player, and starting QB didn't play against Cooper, guessing most if not ALL Cooper fans forget to throw that little fact into the equation though. If Cooper played Cov. Cath's Sch. they might not have a win yet. :popcorn:

For one, I've seen both teams play, Cooper is decent, but Cov.Cath has played power house, after power house, and would beat cooper. FYI Clyde, you did know that Lex. Cath's best player, and starting QB didn't play against Cooper, guessing most if not ALL Cooper fans forget to throw that little fact into the equation though. If Cooper played Cov. Cath's Sch. they might not have a win yet. :popcorn:

Simply playing a tough schedule doesn't tell me anything especially when you are clearly overmatched in a few of the games.

I am quite aware of who QB'd for LexCath against Cooper. I've already been told that wouldn't have made much of a difference - which I wholeheartedly disagreed with.

CCH also played against LexCath without their starting QB save the first drive and couldn't do enough to win.

So I have nothing to support your belief that CCH would win much less win easily.

I just can't possibly see Scott beating Highlands. I love seeing Scott's program improve, but I just don't think they're going to beat Highlands. The fact that Scott had Holy Cross put up 39 points on them is very telling, IMO. No disrespect to Scott, but if you were to hand them Highlands' schedule, there's no way they're going to do better with it than the Birds have.

i understand why it is so hard for you to "SEE" this but that because you are looking at two programs and not the two teams this year. I agree Scott wouldn't do any better against the birds schedule. Head to head though neither you, nor i know what would happen. Going on what i have seen and read this season Highlands should not be ranked fifth. They may be the second or third best team in NKY. PROVE IT instead of assuming oh they're Highlands so they will beat Scott(or any other school ranked below them).

i understand why it is so hard for you to "SEE" this but that because you are looking at two programs and not the two teams this year. I agree Scott wouldn't do any better against the birds schedule. Head to head though neither you, nor i know what would happen. Going on what i have seen and read this season Highlands should not be ranked fifth. They may be the second or third best team in NKY. PROVE IT instead of assuming oh they're Highlands so they will beat Scott(or any other school ranked below them).

False. I'm looking at the teams.

And you and I know there's no way of "proving it". Scott and Highlands don't play each other this year.

However, it's going to be interesting to see what happens when Highlands plays Dixie Heights and Scott plays Simon Kenton. That should give us some better insight, and I'm pretty confident that it's going to become pretty clear that Highlands would be the winner if the Birds and the Eagles played each other.

Instead of playing Highlands this year, Scott played the likes of Newport, and HC, again Scott's Sch. is awful, and it's district games are going to be just as bad. :puke:

Exactly, NOT HAPPENIN'

And you and I know there's no way of "proving it". Scott and Highlands don't play each other this year.

However, it's going to be interesting to see what happens when Highlands plays Dixie Heights and Scott plays Simon Kenton. That should give us some better insight, and I'm pretty confident that it's going to become pretty clear that Highlands would be the winner if the Birds and the Eagles played each other.

Highlands by 14+

Simon Kenton by 24+

I highly doubt SK or Scott will play much of their first team going into playoffs. I wouldn't use that as a gauge as to whether or not Scott could beat Highlands. Scotts only loss was one in which they were missing some key defensive players. Who wins between Scott and Highlands? Who Knows!!