Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Do you think you could complete an NFL pass?

Featured Replies

I am really surprised by all the Nancy's in here. Hasn't anyone thrown a football before in their lives? You act like it's like hitting a 97 mph fast ball. It's simply throwing a pass. I garuntee you everyone in here that can throw a football and doesn't look like Hillary Clinton throwing a ball, or the former Cincinnati Mayor, could complete a pass. You all act as if you have .5 secs to throw the ball before the wall of death comes tumbling down on you.

 

It's throwing a football. It's not a live grenade.

  • Replies 92
  • Views 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not rocket science, the single most difficult position in sports, IMO, and the biggest reason is mentally how fast you have to process everything. Remember you can only see parts of the defenders and parts of your receivers because of all the action taking place in your face between the lineman. Unless you are about a foot taller than everyone else on the field can you see over the defense.

 

We are talking about completing ONE pass, not studying and memorizing a 360 page playbook.

 

It's completing one pass. Have the receiver run the same route 4 times in a row on a quick slant and you don't think you could get the ball there? I could. Maybe I'm just that much better than everyone else on here haha.

If you answer "yes" I need to ask if you've ever played QB at high school or above.

 

I was not a QB in high school but once had to play QB in a JV game due to injury. Just dropping back and trying to determine who is where WHILE noticing linemen coming after you is shocking. That was a JV game. Now imagine doing that with 6'4 to 6'7 guys in front of you and WR/DBs flying around at a very high speed while running very complex strategies.

 

And you tell me you could complete a pass?

  • Author
I am really surprised by all the Nancy's in here. Hasn't anyone thrown a football before in their lives? You act like it's like hitting a 97 mph fast ball. It's simply throwing a pass. I garuntee you everyone in here that can throw a football and doesn't look like Hillary Clinton throwing a ball, or the former Cincinnati Mayor, could complete a pass. You all act as if you have .5 secs to throw the ball before the wall of death comes tumbling down on you.

 

It's throwing a football. It's not a live grenade.

Again, it is not about throwing the ball, it is processing everything around you.

 

If I had to put numbers to it, I would say 30% of my throws would be batted down at the line, 30% intercepted, 20% knocked down by a defender, and 20% just way off target with no shot.

We are talking about completing ONE pass, not studying and memorizing a 360 page playbook.

 

It's completing one pass. Have the receiver run the same route 4 times in a row on a quick slant and you don't think you could get the ball there? I could. Maybe I'm just that much better than everyone else on here haha.

 

If the defense knows Joe Football is behind center I don't think it's going to be as easy as you think. If you are getting normal defense vs typical NFL QB I think you might have a shot at TE pass over the middle for 5-8 yards and that's about it.

If I'm lucky enough to be able to process things quick enough to find an open receiver, by the time I actually let it go, the opening will be gone. Unless it's some kind of trick play, there's absolutely no chance. The speed of things would be staggering.

I'm saying yes simply because my ego and pride won't allow me to say I can't do something. Can't means won't.

  • Author
If you answer "yes" I need to ask if you've ever played QB at high school or above.

 

I was not a QB in high school but once had to play QB in a JV game due to injury. Just dropping back and trying to determine who is where WHILE noticing linemen coming after you is shocking. That was a JV game. Now imagine doing that with 6'4 to 6'7 guys in front of you and WR/DBs flying around at a very high speed while running very complex strategies.

 

And you tell me you could complete a pass?

I watch people all the time against air that can't complete passes. Granted, they don't have an NFL WR catching the ball. I watch plays like Bradly Roby's pick in the Bronco's game, and think, "there is no way in hell." They are just too good.

We are talking about completing ONE pass, not studying and memorizing a 360 page playbook.

 

It's completing one pass. Have the receiver run the same route 4 times in a row on a quick slant and you don't think you could get the ball there? I could. Maybe I'm just that much better than everyone else on here haha.

 

If by just throwing it and hoping they catch it, sure. Heck, I will just throw it behind my back and hope they catch it.

So, are we now saying we get four chances?

 

I know I could get it there and if you don't put your hands up you are going to be eating a football.

Yes.

 

I played QB in high school.

Maybe not now, 10-15 years ago definitely I think I could have.

 

Of course my current vertical is measured in sock thinknesses instead of inches, but 25 years ago I could dunk a basketball. I think at one time I definitely could have.

  • Author
If I had to take a snap from under center, I would guess I wouldn't even get a pass off. Time I dropped back and just tried to find a receiver, I would be hit.

 

If you are under center I would concur. I think this would happen 75% of the time. People also don't realize the quickness the QBs have in dropping in the pocket. Only chance would be out of shotgun.

If you are under center I would concur. I think this would happen 75% of the time. People also don't realize the quickness the QBs have in dropping in the pocket. Only chance would be out of shotgun.

 

Manning is old as hell and slow as hell. With some practice I think I could drop back in a similar time as him.

 

 

3 quick steps boom fire to TE 5 yards away. I think it could be done.

Manning is old as hell and slow as hell. With some practice I think I could drop back in a similar time as him.

 

Agreed. He's slow as Christmas.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.