Daviess County Panther Classic

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The eagles came out slow and West Jessamine scored in the first 5 min. WJ second goal was actually an own goal. Scott''s defense which struggles anyway is missing our starting center back due to ACT test day. Scott''s first goal was actually scored by Hegerty off an excellent cross from Morgan that scimmed the goal mouth right to Hegerty''s foot for the touch in. Second goal for Scott was a PK that was awarded to Morgan and buried. Morgan was man marked heavily the whole game and was brought down in the box by 3 WJ players to earn the PK.

Sounds like soccerforlife is Morgan's Dad or Mom... Well done to Hegerty for finishing.

The reason for why the coach called the game to an end was because after the goalie got the red Scott had no subs to put in, and they did not have a goal keeper and was forced to throw a field player in. Scott's coach walked over to the apposing teams coach and asked for his approval on ending the game. 5 starts for Scott's varsity team was playing their 4th game of the day and without much of a break. Then no subs to throw in with the ref giving out a ridiculous cards. This game meant absolutely nothing to Scott, I think the coach was fine in doing what he did with the other coaches approval. but i know everyone has been waiting for a new reason to belittle the Scott program for a while now.

What kind of a coach schedules 4 games in one day? That's ridiculous, not to mention dangerous for the players in terms of exhaustion and injury.

Scott signed a 3 year contract for this tournament and this will be the 2nd year. Scott brought there whole JV and varsity roster to these matches and unfortunately for Scott to have a JV and Varsity team about 4 or 5 players that play significant varsity time have to play JV as well. CCH has about as many players on their varsity squad as Scott has in their whole program.

Stepover,

I appreciate your love for Scott but to state that is just plain out of line and certainly not accurate.

Let's keep it in perspective, I love our team as well but to think we had the talent to match OC is just CRAZY. We could have borrowed a couple of CCH's varsity players and it still wouldn't have made a difference.