Notre Dame 38 Texas 3

futurecoach

Anyone upset the Charlie left UL for Texas needs to get their head examined. No brainer move whether he's ultimately successful there or not.

I don't think anyone is upset. Merely making an observation. He didn't make the big jump at UofL until halfway through year two, when his defense started to click... and Teddy Bridgewater started playing QB.

I'm anxious to see where he goes from here.

It's hard to gauge the Irish after this game. We don't really know how good or bad Texas really is.

What we do know is Zaire continues to impress. Mobile , accurate passes in the pocket and on the move. Very strong arm. .

Jaylon Smith seems to have taken another step to being a defensive superstar.

It was one game against a team that may be terrible. But they dominated from start to finish.

Tough break losing Folston for the year. He was primed for a big season. Prosise and the two freshmen looked good, though. Zaire and Fuller looked in mid-season form already, and the Irish OL could be one of the best in the country.

Texas's offense is such a dumpster fire, it's hard to accurately judge the Irish defense. They certainly look the part of an elite unit, especially Jaylon Smith.

Awesome game for the Irish. I was really impressed with Zaire and his ability to throw the ball. He seems to have the "it" factor and can sit in the pocket. He made every type of throw in that game and did well doing it. Will Fuller has serious speed. Bottom line is they decimated a very strong Texas D and could have really embarrassed them if they didn't take the foot off the pedal basically the entire 4th.

On defense it is hard to gauge b/c of how bad Texas is on O but they looked very impressive. VanGorder runs a difficult system, but one thing I noticed at the game was everyone on the D was talking, not just Schmidt. Loved seeing that and could watch Jaylon Smith do his thing all day. He looks great.

The Irish look strong, up front on the O line especially. There are plenty of running backs to carry the pig if they can continue to play like that. This week should tell a little more about what type of season ND will have. On the road at a pretty good Virginia team should be a good test. This season's schedule is easier than recent, will be interesting how they respond.