St. Xavier 45 Bowling Green 19

Randy Parker

Congrats St X! St X was better in every category you can think of. BG only really warmed up about 8 minutes before kickoff, X warmed up a good 15-20 minutes before kickoff. X came out of the gate fast and BG was asleep on special teams especially. But I was really impressed with The new coaching staff and how they had their team prepared and how they marched all over the field on BGs D, who were sleepy the first half too. This is a dangerous team in 6A. No one is picking them and they will be prepared to play.

Save your ticket stubs because that's a rare sight you saw tonight. Bowling Green has only allowed that many points twice in 30 years. You'll also rarely ever see them beaten like that. Their last five losses were by a combined 17 points.

I'm guessing the other was Lex Cath in 05 finals?

BG could have hung theirs in this one, but they didn't. Showed great pride with their effort to keep fighting even when things were not going their way. X played really well, and their defense was very opportunistic.

Did any one see RB Chase Rowan (#23 for X) play tonight? I don't recall hearing his name.