Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Scott County 54 Highlands 28

Featured Replies

It was going to take a couple of beat downs for HHS staff to go away from a system and a philosophy that has been the trademark of an unprecedented run of success.

 

Those beat downs have now happened.

 

My crystal ball envisions changes. Utmost confidence in the coaching staff to maximize potential of this roster. Time will tell.

That is a great point, do these two early losses free the coaches up to change up what Highlands does to fit their talent. If they had tried to change up offense or defense from what the fans are used to seeing before they got beat the fans would be saying that changing things are why they got beat.

 

These two losses especially this one may give Weinrich complete freedom to do what ever he wants without worrying that if it doesn't work the fans will be out for his head. He's played three games trying to do it the old ways, now maybe he can try something a little different to better fit his talent.

  • Replies 163
  • Views 18.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep. If I can score 100 on somebody, I'm probably doing it every week, to be honest... There would only be a few exceptions.

 

No Class if you can run it up like that and do

That is a great point, do these two early losses free the coaches up to change up what Highlands does to fit their talent. If they had tried to change up offense or defense from what the fans are used to seeing before they got beat the fans would be saying that changing things are why they got beat.

 

These two losses especially this one may give Weinrich complete freedom to do what ever he wants without worrying that if it doesn't work the fans will be out for his head. He's played three games trying to do it the old ways, now maybe he can try something a little different to better fit his talent.

Over the past several years HHS has been a pass-oriented team, no? It seemed that in last week's game against CCHS HHS mainly ran the ball. Is that not evidence of the coaching staff making changes from what has been done at HHS recently?

Over the past several years HHS has been a pass-oriented team, no? It seemed that in last week's game against CCHS HHS mainly ran the ball. Is that not evidence of the coaching staff making changes from what has been done at HHS recently?

Could be...my point was that I think after these first few games the fans will have more understanding if the coaches come out and try some stuff they aren't used to seeing.

ouch.... I guess Hellbird was right on all fronts... Maybe if I could've gone to one of the games I could've seen this threw my homer goggles. I stand corrected..

Hope my birds can right the ship before the playoffs :grumpy:

Does strict 2-platoon get re-evaluated at any point? If so, when? If so, who?

Mueller saw the writing on the wall. Know when to hold and when to fold. Walk away ahead. He did. Wise move. Don't tarnish a legacy.

 

Even the Bluebirds can suffer when the crown changes hands. I recall the Duffy Era...

 

A coach can make or break a HS program. Really, as a JC fan, I can't not relish seeing this, but still, get well soon, right? You guys carry our flag as a state.

 

You must not recall too well because coach Duffy won 2 state championships in 6 years while the coach he replaced didnt win any.

Change that I'm referring to has little to do with pass/run ratio or play calling.

Change that I'm referring to has little to do with pass/run ratio or play calling.

 

I'd personally like to see Coach W go back to the defensive side of the ball. I wonder if he ever has any involvement with the defense anymore? There's been a few injuries but my feeling was the defense did a fair job the first week. I missed the 2nd half of the Campbell game, but the defense was sufficient that night too. The defense was non existent against Scott Co. There's a need for some changes in the scheme and possibly personnel too. Now is the time to reevaluate everything the team is doing on both offense, defense, special teams, personnel, and coaching. Im sure Coach W is doing that. He's a great football mind and will figure out the best way to give Highlands a chance to win. I've heard suggestions of move this player, move that player. The biggest change being put #27 on offense. Can you afford to take your best player off the defense when you can't stop a good team? Those are the type of decisions that make me glad I'm not the coach.

Sometimes you give and sometimes you receive. If anyone can score a 100 on Highlands this year they will. It's personal and it's payback and jealously for the last 20 years.

 

ouch !!!!!

Not worried one bit. Can't dominate every year. They have had one heck of a ride. Still one of the best programs in the state of ky and still have twenty something state championships. Still rich in tradition and have a lot to hang their hats on. Hardly any schools can compare to Highlands in Ky. Haters can have there fame right now but this program will never fail. GO BIRDS...

Doesn't really make any sense. Dale lost his last game he coached. Highlands won the next year and Dale knew that talent. So why leave when he did? Again, doesn't make sense. Or maybe to retire. IDK!

I agree 110%. Also if he did leave because he saw what was coming down the road then that's a cowards man way out. I don't see it that way.

After 4 straight state titles, Dale told numerous people(parents) that HHS would have 4 more. Had he won in 2014, he would have stayed, knowing that he would have another... But since they lost, he decided to retire, knowing full and well he was still on the top of the mountain of HS football coaching. And thus allowing his new head coach and long time friend, enjoy a state title, "before the bottom falls out." HHS has(had) one of the best football feeder programs around...he had known for some time of what was "not" coming. Wells go dry sometimes...

Nothing about being "a cowards way out" Simply leaving when still on top. Michael Jordan could have played many more years, why didn't he? Stupid question I know, but so is the "Dale" question. Birds will be lucky to be a .500 team for some years to come.(but I don't know how weak the competition will become?)

After 4 straight state titles, Dale told numerous people(parents) that HHS would have 4 more. Had he won in 2014, he would have stayed, knowing that he would have another... But since they lost, he decided to retire, knowing full and well he was still on the top of the mountain of HS football coaching. And thus allowing his new head coach and long time friend, enjoy a state title, "before the bottom falls out." HHS has(had) one of the best football feeder programs around...he had known for some time of what was "not" coming. Wells go dry sometimes...

Nothing about being "a cowards way out" Simply leaving when still on top. Michael Jordan could have played many more years, why didn't he? Stupid question I know, but so is the "Dale" question. Birds will be lucky to be a .500 team for some years to come.(but I don't know how weak the competition will become?)

For some years to come, eh? The HHS freshman and JVs teams are doing very well this year. I would be shocked if HHS is relegated to being a program that is "lucky" to be a .500 team in a state that is generally mediocre when it comes to overall high school football prowess "for years to come."

 

Also, this time last year (after close calls to Campbell County and Bryan Station) I was told privately by multiple BGPers who claim to be close to the program that the wheels had fallen off the Highlands football wagon and Highlands' days of winning state were over for awhile. What did HHS do? They went undefeated against KY competition and captured the Class 4A state title. So, you will pardon me if I view with skepticism any claims that Highlands is done when it comes to football.

Has the head coach job been posted yet.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.