Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Scott County 54 Highlands 28

Featured Replies

How many would you have if , Trinity, Male, St. X, Scott county and HHS were in the sane class. Yeah a little tougher.

 

They would have never been in their class as long as there were classes!! In the 4 class system, HHS played 3A and they were one of the smallest and in some time periods could have been 2a based on enrollment. So unless you are talking about no classes at all, they would have NEVER been in a class with any of those schools.

 

If you're saying a state with no classes, then everyone's totals would take a hit. There were many years back in the day when highlands was considered best in the state regardless of class. So again, if you're saying theirs would be down, so would everyones!

  • Replies 163
  • Views 18.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A poster eluded to the classes being watered down. All I'm saying is that helped HHS being so dominate. If there we three classes what class would you fall in . Even 4. If your 5a you would probably be in the top class and have to compete with those perennial powerhouses. It would have impacted your ability to win so many times. So while he's complain about the watered down classes he's also lessening the ability to win championships. It's your fan. I just thought my comment was an obvious observation.

 

If there were 3, we would most likely still not be in a class with them. We are a low enrollment 4a team when we were there. I don't think you realize how small HHS is.

Close your district then brag.

 

 

No bragging. Just proving you wrong.

I do not know when Dale decided to do what he did. In 2011, the statement of 4 more state titles came out of his mouth. I assumed he would be the one at the helm. He knew that the title for 2015 was the birds to win...and win...big...they did!!! under coach bw.

Doesn't matter what coach Mueller did or didn't do...or when he decided. He did what he did! He's forever on top of the mountain. Had he coached at ANY other school, they would have reaped many rewards also. Withrow loves him for turning there program around in one season.

 

After the 2012 season he decided to retire following the 2013 season. There was no plan to leave Heinrich 1 more good team. Dale thinks every team is great.

Explain that

Meuller never ran zone read stuff, in fact HHS was known for having only man blocking schemes, last year they began to zone block, and I do not recall shot gun to back sets.

I thought we were talking about the Scott County Highlands game that just happened. Not the last 5+ years in the past. This is about the here and now and the immediate future, not about the "glory days of years gone by". Can we please talk about current events, please?

Complete mismatch, Highlands just doesn't have much this year. I can't believe I'm typing this but is this a .500 ball club?

 

I see 3 games left on their schedule they should win (Boone Co., Grant Co., Dixie)

My guess is a 4-6 year

I thought we were talking about the Scott County Highlands game that just happened. Not the last 5+ years in the past. This is about the here and now and the immediate future, not about the "glory days of years gone by". Can we please talk about current events, please?

 

That's typical Highlands fans at work.... Always about what they DID and not what they're doing. The reality is they are about to have a tough season.

That's typical Highlands fans at work.... Always about what they DID and not what they're doing. The reality is they are about to have a tough season.
So, you're telling me that for the past 8 years when Highlands was annually making it to state title games Highlands fans were not focusing on the season at hand, but rather looking back to previous seasons/eras???

Edited by True blue (and gold)
Rule 2

So, you're telling me that for the past 8 years when Highlands was annually making it to state title games Highlands fans were not focusing on the season at hand, but rather looking back to previous seasons/eras???

 

I'm not talking about the past 8 years, I'm talking about this year. Every time someone says "HHS isn't good", all of you jump all over them and start talking about "History". In past seasons, yes HHS was good. I'm not doubting the history, I'm doubting the ability of this year's squad. That is all.

That's just a true Bluebird...no matter how bad...the good is always on top. That's why I'm proud that my child lived that life. Yes sometimes it seems like bs but that is why this program will always end up on top. Persistence,Desire,Attitude,& nothing but positive outlooks. Never settle for second best. As rough as the time ahead may be, they will be back 7 sooner than later.

I see 3 games left on their schedule they should win (Boone Co., Grant Co., Dixie)

My guess is a 4-6 year

 

I'm not debating that this year's team is struggling and may very well finish at .500 or possibly below. I would ask what has CCH done so far that makes you think they "should" beat HHS? I am not saying that they won't but am surprised based on the way they have played so far you would think they should win that game.

I'm not talking about the past 8 years, I'm talking about this year. Every time someone says "HHS isn't good", all of you jump all over them and start talking about "History". In past seasons, yes HHS was good. I'm not doubting the history, I'm doubting the ability of this year's squad. That is all.

 

So your quote about "typical HHS fans always talking about what they DID and not what they are doing" is not about season's past but only the last three weeks?? Yeah, that makes sense...

 

Look I am a big HHS fan and will agree with you and others on here that a few HHS fans (like some fans at all schools) can be hard to stomach at times. However, very few harp on the past. In fact, HHS fans almost to a man (and LA CAT) are typically talking about what the current team has to do to get better...

I'm not debating that this year's team is struggling and may very well finish at .500 or possibly below. I would ask what has CCH done so far that makes you think they "should" beat HHS? I am not saying that they won't but am surprised based on the way they have played so far you would think they should win that game.

 

I don't know if CCH will beat HHS. I would put that game into an "unknown" category. I would expect HHS to beat Boone, Grant and Dixie though. CCH/HHS could very easily go either way

Meuller never ran zone read stuff, in fact HHS was known for having only man blocking schemes, last year they began to zone block, and I do not recall shot gun to back sets.

 

Towles ran a lot of read option, as did McCoy. Houlton did less. In terms of a zone blocking scheme, there I plead ignorance.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.