Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Scott County 54 Highlands 28

Featured Replies

I thought we were talking about the Scott County Highlands game that just happened. Not the last 5+ years in the past. This is about the here and now and the immediate future, not about the "glory days of years gone by". Can we please talk about current events, please?

You have to understand that although most HHS fans are great and understand how HS football works, there will always be a couple

that feel the need after a loss

of how great of a team they were in seasons gone by. Again, most are respectful and act graciously in defeat when it happens, but there will always be 1 or 2 that have to try and convince everyone who will

listen that HHS won a championship

or two in the past.

  • Replies 163
  • Views 18.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh how some have again twisted a thread around so that "they" can be heard. Highlands is 1-2 right now, has not played a district game as yet, has not played a playoff game as yet, the season is far from over and yet there are some that want to get on here and toot their horn. The only reason history game up was the discussion about classes of football back in the day and the current alignment as it is set up. Talk of a .500 season and whatever else is simply nothing more than a few wanting to spout off.

 

The kids and coaches will show up every week and look to get themselves better. I can assure you that things are going to be a changing starting this week. For those that have actually been watching the games it should be pretty apparent where things need to change and what needs to change. It took a game like this past week to think about changing things that should have changed a few short years ago. If one of those changes would have taken place, this team would be sitting on 8 straight championships instead of 7.

You have to understand that although most HHS fans are great and understand how HS football works, there will always be a couple

that feel the need after a loss

of how great of a team they were in seasons gone by. Again, most are respectful and act graciously in defeat when it happens, but there will always be 1 or 2 that have to try and convince everyone who will

listen that HHS won a championship

or two in the past.

 

I truly don't recall right this minute but I think it's either 7 or 8 in the last 8 or 9 years that HHS has won a championship. That kind of run can't last forever. But don't act like it's been years since they won one.

 

I haven't posted much about this years team. Some of the stuff I'm reading is just crazy. Highlands has been head and shoulders above their class for a long time. Based on the first three weeks this year the perception is they can't and won't win a championship this year. Maybe not, but there's still a lot of football left to be played. They still have some talented players.

 

You're right though, most HHS fans are gracious win or lose. Some can get carried away(I've done it a time or two). Some just react to the posters who crawled out of the woodwork to kick a team when they're having a rough time.

 

It wil be interesting to see how the rest plays out.

 

From what I've heard and seen, there's no shame in losing to a very good Scott Cty team.

That's typical Highlands fans at work.... Always about what they DID and not what they're doing. The reality is they are about to have a tough season.

 

It's one year and they haven't even played a 5a team yet. How can anyone judge them??? I'm sorry the rest of you don't have a "history" to fall back on, but we do. And when someone outside the program challenges that history...we set them straight with the TRUTH! Say what you want, but we aren't afraid of ONE mediocre year (which is still TBD)! Our history tells us that we'll be back at some point, no matter what happens. Will your team???

I'm not talking about the past 8 years, I'm talking about this year. Every time someone says "HHS isn't good", all of you jump all over them and start talking about "History". In past seasons, yes HHS was good. I'm not doubting the history, I'm doubting the ability of this year's squad. That is all.

 

Wait a minute...who brought up the past and not having the same amount of titles!???? That's how we got started on the past! You read it all, right???

I'm not talking about the past 8 years, I'm talking about this year. Every time someone says "HHS isn't good", all of you jump all over them and start talking about "History". In past seasons, yes HHS was good. I'm not doubting the history, I'm doubting the ability of this year's squad. That is all.

 

HHS has played 3 6a schools so far and no 5a team is dominating anyone so far. So by the end of the season...I'm not doubting anything this team can accomplish. There's a LONG way to go. And what I've learned is the HHS staff fugures it out. Maybe they will and maybe they won't. History tells me they will. But I'm not giving up so easy. Pulaski may be the favorite right now, but I will tell you NOONE after week 3 last year felt HHS had any chance of winning state last year. So I think I'll wait and see what happens before I worry too much. And guess what...if they don't win it, history tells me they will be back on top pretty soon. Everyone wants to jump on them after 3 games! Are you serious!!! Wow!!!!

You have to understand that although most HHS fans are great and understand how HS football works, there will always be a couple

that feel the need after a loss

of how great of a team they were in seasons gone by. Again, most are respectful and act graciously in defeat when it happens, but there will always be 1 or 2 that have to try and convince everyone who will

listen that HHS won a championship

or two in the past.

 

The ONLY person that brought up the past was not a HHS poster. Sorry.

Edited by RCC9

What's funny is when all the posters come out and pile on when HHS is down...when HHS has carried the NKy flag for years while others (including a very weak 6a group) was down for many years. And it's funny that very large 6a school fans are even worried about what a 4a enrollment team is doing and then make excuses why they can't win their own class. Male, Manual and Scott Co are all public schools and the you don't EVER hear them complaining about Trinity and X! They take on the challenge every year!! Get better and compete. Live it and breath it. Quit making excuses that "you'll never win one as long as Trinity is in your class" instead of sending that message to your kids, challenge them to compete. Everyone want to talk about "well the kids read all this stuff". Well what do you think they are thinking when their own fans are continuously saying their team never ever had a shot of winning a title. They are defeated every year before they take the field!! They will never have a chances as long as their fans keep providing excuses as to why they CAN'T win.

Okay...to continue on my soapbox. Why do NKy 6a fans give up so easy. Don't you think it would have been easy for JC, cov cath, Boyle co, lex cath, Ashland and many other fans to just throw in the towel at the beginning of the season for the past 8 and say "well if you had HHS in your division, you wouldn't win either!" You never heard that from ANY of them. Every year they were ready to take on the challenge. They didn't care who or what HHS was, they wanted to kick their butts! They didn't play for second. They believed this was the year we are taking them down. Why is NKy 6a defeated before the first snap even happens???

What's funny is when all the posters come out and pile on when HHS is down...when HHS has carried the NKy flag for years while others (including a very weak 6a group) was down for many years. And it's funny that very large 6a school fans are even worried about what a 4a enrollment team is doing and then make excuses why they can't win their own class. Male, Manual and Scott Co are all public schools and the you don't EVER hear them complaining about Trinity and X! They take on the challenge every year!! Get better and compete. Live it and breath it. Quit making excuses that "you'll never win one as long as Trinity is in your class" instead of sending that message to your kids, challenge them to compete. Everyone want to talk about "well the kids read all this stuff". Well what do you think they are thinking when their own fans are continuously saying their team never ever had a shot of winning a title. They are defeated every year before they take the field!! They will never have a chances as long as their fans keep providing excuses as to why they CAN'T win.

 

 

Scott County has complained quite loudly through the years.

Scott County has complained quite loudly through the years.

 

I'll have to trust you on that one because I don't remember it if they did or I just didn't pay attention. But they don't now. They learned how to compete.

Towles ran a lot of read option, as did McCoy. Houlton did less. In terms of a zone blocking scheme, there I plead ignorance.

Granted I do not watch as much as you, but I never saw read option, I saw designed Qb runs with guards and tackles pulling and lead blocking. The ones I would see would be better described as Qb counters. I do not recall them ever leaving a player unblocked and the Qb reading him.

Scott County has complained quite loudly through the years.

Wasn't there a round table tv show discussing public/private a few years ago? I seem to recall that it was Scott County leading the charge, with their coach out in front.

Off the grid for the holiday and when I saw the score I wish I had stayed off the grid! Serious issues to address before districts start! I have confidence that BW will get the team where it needs to be by playoff time. Going to be a rough road during that time.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.