118 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think wins this game?

• Scott County
    • Highlands

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's what will make it even funnier when they beat you is your lack of respect for them and your disrespect for everyone else you think you can look down your nose at.

Where you on that team we beat 56-6 in the playoffs? I'm sorry if you got hurt that night. We wuz just playing football and didn't mean anything by it.

4A was the much tougher class than 5A based off what exactly? Your opinion? I am just curious as to what makes you think it was much tougher than 5A?

As for this game I think it will be close game just like the Scott County/Pulaski Co game was and it will just come down to who makes the plays at the end of the game.

I think 4A offered tougher tradition richer teams. Boyle, Lexcath. Ashland was a more formidable early round foe. The 4A west usually offered a tougher final game opponet. 5A brought Bowling Green, Christian Co 2x, and John Hardin. In those 4 games the opponent may have averaged 7 pts. You're right in the fact that Highlands was just a lot better than everyone those years though, so a case can be made for 5A. To be honest, in years when Highlands is really good, theres only 1 other program in this state that can beat them and they don't wear Black and Orange or Maroon and Gold. They wear Green.(and Highlands has beaten them too).

Where you on that team we beat 56-6 in the playoffs? I'm sorry if you got hurt that night. We wuz just playing football and didn't mean anything by it.

Nope, and curious to why the past accomplishments keep being brought up. The past means squat. Let's discuss the here and now. Your dusty trophies are not the discussion of the hour.

I think 4A offered tougher tradition richer teams. Boyle, Lexcath. Ashland was a more formidable early round foe. The 4A west usually offered a tougher final game opponet. 5A brought Bowling Green, Christian Co 2x, and John Hardin. In those 4 games the opponent may have averaged 7 pts. You're right in the fact that Highlands was just a lot better than everyone those years though, so a case can be made for 5A. To be honest, in years when Highlands is really good, theres only 1 other program in this state that can beat them and they don't wear Black and Orange or Maroon and Gold. They wear Green.(and Highlands has beaten them too).

:laugh:

Arrogance 1

Reality 0

Well I guess if 5A is really as weak as you say you all should win state this year and for the next 10 years at least. I won't hold my breath.

btw, you left off several other 5A teams but why include past title winners and regional and semi finalists. lol

Come on the site to read about what others think about this weeks match up and get five pages of garbage. Come on guys. Give us a prediction, back it up with some reasoning and stimulate intelligent responses.

Liked quite a few things about what the Birds were able to do after a slow start last week. Like going back to a huddle ( not sure when the last time I saw that out of a Bluebird team ). Seemed to settle them down a bit. Will also let them eat up a bit of clock which will be much needed this week. We do not need to get into a shootout with Scott Co. It will not end up well.

Win the turnover battle. Limit penalties. Control the LOS. Avoid SC big plays. All easier said than done.

Must hold SC to under 30 to win.

Im with you on this one and have asked the question in the past with no answer. What exactly made 4A such a strong class? Nothing I could see.

When 1 team has little to no competition every year to the title, that doesn't speak volumes of a class being all that strong.

HHS moved to 5A in 07. I am in the camp 4A was stronger at that time.

:laugh:

Arrogance 1

Reality 0

Well I guess if 5A is really as weak as you say you all should win state this year and for the next 10 years at least. I won't hold my breath.

btw, you left off several other 5A teams but why include past title winners and regional and semi finalists. lol

He was talking about the 5A teams that Highlands played in the state finals the four years that they were in that class, nothing more nothing less.

So I took a look at Scott Co on KHSAA and im a little more comfortable with Highlands going down there. Soph QB that threw a couple passes in the first game (1 TD). That means their stable of 6 running backs is the game plan...It looks like Tates Creek is not a good football team (im being nice). So were basing Scott Co beating Highlands on: Highlands losing to a fantastic Cooper team, and Scott Co beating Pulaski in a shootout turned pull-away win. I haven't bought into Pulaski since Highlands beat em 50-7 in the semies 5 years ago, I thought they could have been Letcher Co in different uniforms. Last year Pulaski's state title was against a single platoon team that upset BG (not BG). Pulaski is unproven at best.

Highlands wins this game by a TD or two if they:

1 establish the run

2 focus on run D. put the pressure on the soph QB

3 don't beat themselves

Putting pressure on a soph QB won't win the game. I've never seen a SCHS quarterback throw more than 10 times in a game, no matter the opponent. McKee will run, run, run and then run some more. If Highlands stops the run, they win. Plain and simple.

GNGsports: Obviously Scott County and McKee have really stepped up their schedule. I have poked fun at some of McKee's schedules over the years. Any idea why the change?

Because he has a very good football team and knows it.