118 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think wins this game?

• Scott County
    • Highlands

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Highlands can do it. Running game including Hergott with a few big bombs... you never know. The Def has acclimated a bit. I don't know that much about SC... but they beat down on All World Pulaski. If the two teams play 10 times I think Scott Co wins 7 of them.

So I took a look at Scott Co on KHSAA and im a little more comfortable with Highlands going down there. Soph QB that threw a couple passes in the first game (1 TD). That means their stable of 6 running backs is the game plan...It looks like Tates Creek is not a good football team (im being nice). So were basing Scott Co beating Highlands on: Highlands losing to a fantastic Cooper team, and Scott Co beating Pulaski in a shootout turned pull-away win. I haven't bought into Pulaski since Highlands beat em 50-7 in the semies 5 years ago, I thought they could have been Letcher Co in different uniforms. Last year Pulaski's state title was against a single platoon team that upset BG (not BG). Pulaski is unproven at best.

Highlands wins this game by a TD or two if they:

1 establish the run

2 focus on run D. put the pressure on the soph QB

3 don't beat themselves

So I took a look at Scott Co on KHSAA and im a little more comfortable with Highlands going down there. Soph QB that threw a couple passes in the first game (1 TD). That means their stable of 6 running backs is the game plan...It looks like Tates Creek is not a good football team (im being nice). So were basing Scott Co beating Highlands on: Highlands losing to a fantastic Cooper team, and Scott Co beating Pulaski in a shootout turned pull-away win. I haven't bought into Pulaski since Highlands beat em 50-7 in the semies 5 years ago, I thought they could have been Letcher Co in different uniforms. Last year Pulaski's state title was against a single platoon team that upset BG (not BG). Pulaski is unproven at best.

Highlands wins this game by a TD or two if they:

1 establish the run

2 focus on run D. put the pressure on the soph QB

3 don't beat themselves

I think Pulaski Co is one of the top teams in 5A, and HHS isn't in that group at the top. Scott Co. Beating Pulaski was huge and a great indicator of how good SC is. I think you're underestimating SC and Pulaski.

You basing a HS team off of the team 5 years ago isn't very bright.

Let me me ask you this, do you think this HHS team as like the team 5 years ago?

I think Pulaski Co is one of the top teams in 5A, and HHS isn't in that group at the top. Scott Co. Beating Pulaski was huge and a great indicator of how good SC is. I think you're underestimating SC and Pulaski.

You basing a HS team off of the team 5 years ago isn't very bright.

Let me me ask you this, do you think this HHS team as like the team 5 years ago?

Want us to pull out a UKfan quote and ask you what happened the last time these two met??? I am totally kidding before everyone gets up in arms. I realize it's completely different teams. Just pulling out a lil BGP humor and giving Hellbird the same feedback he gets from his lil buddy.

I don't trust this Birds team enough yet to predict they can go to SC this early in the season and come out with a W. Not saying it can't happen, just still some unanswered questions and work to do for this team. What I am 100 percent sure about is regardless of the outcome, HHS will learn a lot and put those learnings into action for weeks to come. You basically get 10 scrimmages to figure out your team for the real season.

You just cannot help yourself can you? Highlands will be there to compete and get better each and every week of the season. Big step forward last night and I am sure another one coming this week.

Look Jack , I picked Cooper, they one, I picked you over CC. You won. Scott County is way ahead of you right now in the season.. so I can't pick the winner if it's against HHS? Man STOP WHINING. You really can't help yourself, can you? I made no analytical comments just the score. News alert: The stores in Ft Thomas are running out of diapers due to the sudden influx of cry babies due to the football teams demise.