5A #1 Highlands @ Cooper Predictions

Highlands at Cooper  

110 members have voted

1. 1. Highlands at Cooper

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I seen both teams play before Cooper is not very good but their fans think they are the best. Highlands should do whatever they want and put a running clock on them if they seriously want to be a 5A contender.

You seen both teams play when? Are you talking about the past? Well I'm as old as SK has had a football team and I've seen decades of SK playing before they finally had a winning record. So if what we've seen in the past tells us what to expect this year then I guess SK should forfeit the season and save the embarrassment.

Guest LSPM89
Could you? You know Crack up? is that a literal statement or figuratively? Cooper by 7. There D is always strong. I don't think highlands D is.

Are saying HHS D is not strong based on the X scrimmage score? If so, I feel you are missed informed because Cooper is no X and HHS D actually looked pretty good. I felt the D was farther along this year at this point in the season than last. The offense put the D on a very short field all night long. The did give up a couple of long runs straight up the middle, but the rest of the night I felt they did good for the first game and against a tough opponent. Did Cooper play any scrimmage games?

I seen both teams play before Cooper is not very good but their fans think they are the best. Highlands should do whatever they want and put a running clock on them if they seriously want to be a 5A contender.

right?? Because Simon Kenton fans are really mellow and don't think they won the superbowl after wining a scrimmage against st x

A lot of people on here seem to think that Highlands somehow disrespects Cooper. I don't see it.

The players I talk to understand that this is going to be a close, hard-fought game. I know the HHS coaches respect this game. I have not seen any Highlands fans on here predict a blow out. HHS has not built a dynasty by taking teams lightly. I expect a great game that is down to the wire.

Personally, I would love to see a last second 50 yard field goal to win the game.

You have seen both teams play? How is that possible when this is the first game for both of these teams? Oh, you mean you watched Cooper play last year when they were 7 starters down against SK and pulled their players in the 1st quarter? Nothing that happened last year matters this year.

Highlands is the best team in this area and will be until a team knocks them off. Cooper is VERY talented this year, and with it being the first game of the year, and Cooper having a strong defense and the ability to eat the clock with a GREAT RB could make this game interesting. I will not predict a score but I know Cooper will not be intimidated by Highlands, just as I expect Highlands to come out and perform like the team they are and have been.

Does the natural grass play against Highlands at all?

I will have to sit on the fence on this game. On one hand once a Bluebird, always a Bluebird. However I have Cooper as well. I think this will be a very good game. The best team and best coaching plan wins this game. Just would be nice if someone is secretly a fan of Highlands and Cooper, they would just move their kid from SK to one of those schools. Bring on the cupcake pioneers !!!!!!!

I will have to sit on the fence on this game. On one hand once a Bluebird, always a Bluebird. However I have Cooper as well. I think this will be a very good game. The best team and best coaching plan wins this game. Just would be nice if someone is secretly a fan of Highlands and Cooper, they would just move their kid from SK to one of those schools. Bring on the cupcake pioneers !!!!!!!

I said months ago as soon as the schedule was released that this game is a HUGE litmus test for both teams. There are no excuses for either team because both are healthy and both first game and starting first time QB's. Highlands has 1 advantage in that their 1st time QB is a DI scholarship player. Now it is up to him to live up

to the DI standards by being recruited without a varsity start under his belt.

Either way way it's two good teams with two of the best coaching staffs going head to head.

I will however add this. This season is huge for Cooper. They may be down the next coue years with what they lose after this year. So this is all or nothing for them.

I love High School football.