5A #1 Highlands @ Cooper Predictions

Highlands at Cooper  

110 members have voted

1. 1. Highlands at Cooper

You used an excuse during 7 on 7's this year against some team about you all having a lot of starters out due to injury for why SK didn't look that good and may have even lost the 7 on 7. Yet you seem to completely ignore how Cooper looked when they had many starters out against SK last year, which is what you have seemed to use to form your opinion on them, correct?

This should be a fun game to watch, and is a good first game for both Highlands and Cooper as they both have tough schedules this year.

It had nothing to do with injuries. They got the day off so other kids could get 7 on 7 reps.

Last year Cooper was blown out by Dixie, SK and Campbell County.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It had nothing to do with injuries. They got the day off so other kids could get 7 on 7 reps.

All you do is make excuses for SK yet never allow reasoning for any other team. That's how you roll.

Blown out by Campbell County?? It was 17-7 and they didn't take the lead for good until late in the fourth. You really are full of yourself. Go talk your trash on your own team's thread.

Just stop by anytime if you want to see what multiple regional

championship trophies look like. It only took the last 3 years to win more than SK has ever won, and SK is going on what...50 years and counting to try and get their second? Lol

why do I need to know the boys in order to know they are a good hard working team? While watching the game you can see they will have a good year. wasn't to many mistakes that I could tell. Sure I think they need some adjustments but don't all teams? No need to be nasty

why do I need to know the boys in order to know they are a good hard working team? While watching the game you can see they will have a good year. wasn't to many mistakes that I could tell. Sure I think they need some adjustments but don't all teams? No need to be nasty

Not nasty at all

maybe I misunderstood your knowledge of the team.

When you said you didn't know who the starters were or their size but it would be a blow out. How would you decipher that if you read someones

post that said that? It told

me you didn't even know who was who yet you predicted a blowout by a team you knew little to nothing about. Sorry if that was being nasty lol, it was just how you posted it.

let me try this way. You said you were going off of the scrimmage you saw Friday night and that was how you came to the conclusion that Highlands would

"blow Cooper out of the water"

this very same scrimmage that Highlands lost 38-7 or something like that, yet they will blowout a team that shut out 3 teams in their scrimmage Friday night in Oldham co. Dunbar and someone else.

You see what I mean? Basically it sounded nothing more than a homer prediction and is why I asked

for substance to see how you came to your co conclusion.

Ok I understand that. No I have no clue of the senior players only that they looked amazing I thought. My son is only a 10th grader in hopes of playing this year which I think he stands a good chance but only time will tell.

Best of luck to your boy!!! I'm very close friends with relatives of Bo Hebel for the Blue birds and have been a fan of his and have seen several HHS games

the last

few years.

Nothing but huge respect for

the Birds. I'm a huge Cooper fan but can't predict this game. One because of superstition and two because both teams have new QB's.

Cooper returns the the majority of their starters on both sides of

the ball from a state semifinalist te

from last year and a defense that is the strong part of

the team which is why I just don't see a blowout. They may lose, but I don't see losing by 40+ pts

Yes I think we may have some issues with out QB but that is not for me to judge. We only stayed till half time and then left but from what I did see the defense was on the field most of the game and they seemed to put up a good fight. Not sure what strings they was or what not but they did fairly well

Well I just checked out maxpreps and Campbell beat Cooper only 17 to 7. So is that a blow out then? Dixie did beat Cooper pretty good though 38 to 8. Which is pretty similar to the first score of Dixie vs. SK's first game last year of 36 to 10, and then the playoff score of 24 to 0. So based off that it does seem like the injuries for Cooper may have played a bigger role in the game against SK last year than you want to believe. Because when healthy Cooper lost to Dixie by basically the same score as SK.

SK has done a great job building their program, as they are consistently now probably a top 3 program in NKY. People do recognize that, just like you may want to recognize that Cooper in what 7 years already has 2 Regional Championships, and State Runner Up and another State Semi-Finalist appearance. In fact you would think you would want to build these teams up, instead of put teams down. Especially since you play those teams, and if these teams are as bad as you say then it just makes SK's schedule look even easier than people claim it to be every year. You would think you would want to talk some of these teams up, this way if SK beats them it makes SK look better. Just saying.

No team should ever be talked down to. These are our boys and our future. We as parent's, and coaches should be doing nothing but cheering these youths as much as possible. No matter the team or the school they are all great.

Your words are encouraging but you will have a hard time staying a member on this site.

SK has done a great job building their program, as they are consistently now probably a top 3 program in NKY. People do recognize that, just like you may want to recognize that Cooper in what 7 years already has 2 Regional Championships, and State Runner Up and another State Semi-Finalist appearance. In fact you would think you would want to build these teams up, instead of put teams down. Especially since you play those teams, and if these teams are as bad as you say then it just makes SK's schedule look even easier than people claim it to be every year. You would think you would want to talk some of these teams up, this way if SK beats them it makes SK look better. Just saying.

This This and This!

I never understand tearing down an opponent, especially when that opponent is on your schedule. You would think you would want to build that program up etc. so that when you do play them and if you beat them it makes it look like a pretty good win or if you happen to lose to them it looks as if you lost to a pretty solid team.

The 4th grade antics never made sense to me....unless of course you are in 4th grade.

At what point is a prediction considered a blowout? Obviously a shutout is when one team doesn't score, but how big does the gap have to be? I'm curious because I would only consider a gap of more than 4 TDs a blowout, and relatively few people predicted a score like that (UK#1fan aside because, frankly he'd predict a blowout against Cooper if they were playing a 1A team).