Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Gary Parrish story about Calipari

Featured Replies

You clearly know nothing about Mick Cronin.

 

There was a somewhat heated exchange In Vegas between Cal and Mick when the Teague situation went down. It didn't go down like Parrish said it did. I know that as a fact...

So you were standing there? Tell us what happened in that case then...

  • Replies 45
  • Views 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mick himself said this story isn't referring to him: Mick Cronin ✔@CoachCroninUC Lance. Tell them I'm sorry. I like a good confrontation. But it wasn't me. Last one I had a guy picked up my ballddcaf 8:28 PM - 13 Aug 2015

 

Well that's interesting, a whole lot of Mick for nothing.

Mick himself said this story isn't referring to him:

 

Mick Cronin ✔@CoachCroninUC

Lance. Tell them I'm sorry. I like a good confrontation. But it wasn't me. Last one I had a guy picked up my ball 8:28 PM - 13 Aug 2015

 

I'm trying to find that podcast to see if they discussed Calipari

Are you saying that Cal milking 3 million dollars of Nike money to Jeff Teague as the foundation for landing Mook at UK is a red flag? I consider it working the system. Do you consider it as a recruitment with question marks?

 

3 million dollars changed hands on a bench warming guard. Call it what makes you feel good...

Was part of the deal that the Hawks had to make him a starter from that day forward? "Bench warmer" to NBA starter...the fact that he was becoming an NBA starting guard had nothing to do with him getting a small Nike deal? Nike wasn't smart enough to realize that with the washed up Mike Bibby gone that Teague was going to be the starting PG...

Was part of the deal that the Hawks had to make him a starter from that day forward? "Bench warmer" to NBA starter...the fact that he was becoming an NBA starting guard had nothing to do with him getting a small Nike deal? Nike wasn't smart enough to realize that with the washed up Mike Bibby gone that Teague was going to be the starting PG...

 

Nike already had Jeff under contract, and at the point of the extension he had done very little in the NBA. He certainly hadn't done enough to warrant a 3 million dollar extension. But you spin it however makes you feel good about what went down... :thumb:

I just listened to about 15 minutes of Mick Cronin on the Lance McAlister show and this question wasn't even asked.

Nike already had Jeff under contract, and at the point of the extension he had done very little in the NBA. He certainly hadn't done enough to warrant a 3 million dollar extension. But you spin it however makes you feel good about what went down... :thumb:
Not spinning just asking...he was becoming the starter, don't most every starter get a better than entry shoe deal in the NBA?

 

But spin how ever makes you fell better...you are better at it than I am :)

Not spinning just asking...he was becoming the starter, don't most every starter get a better than entry shoe deal in the NBA?

 

But spin how ever makes you fell better...you are better at it than I am :)

 

Once you prove yourself as a quality starter and your first deal comes up, sure. That didn't happen for another year plus...

I talked to a coach who was present when this all went down...I know exactly who this latest story is about.

  • Author
I talked to a coach who was present when this all went down...I know exactly who this latest story is about.

 

Then spill it.

I talked to a coach who was present when this all went down...I know exactly who this latest story is about.

 

I like all the information that you provide Wireman but that is just annoying lol.

 

"I just want to let you know that I'm connected and I know the real story, but I won't share it with you."

 

And I understand why you wouldn't because you probably don't want to burn any relationships but if you aren't going to tell us what you know, what's the point in telling us you know something?

Would have never known who Fran McCaffery coached if I didn't click the link...

Would have never known who Fran McCaffery coached if I didn't click the link...

 

I knew the name and knew he was a coach, but that's about it.

 

Certainly not a guy I'd consider a "prominent" coach.

My favorite part of the story and I have many favorite parts, is Kornheiser's reaction.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.