Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Gary Parrish story about Calipari

Featured Replies

I just don't see Izzo calling Cal a cheater like this coach did.

 

Maybe not. I love Izzo, but "prominent coach" makes me think it's someone on his level.

 

PP92 mentioned Self and Coach K, but I think those two guys are Cal's peers when it comes to recruiting. They have both beaten him for guys he's wanted.

 

Some have suggested Haith concerning Booker, Crean concerning Lyles, Lavin concerning Briscoe, or even Altman concerning Murray. But I just don't see any of those coaches being "prominent coaches."

 

Izzo/Ulis makes sense because: 1) Izzo is prominent. 2) Cal swooped in and got Ulis last minute when Mudiay chose SMU.

  • Replies 45
  • Views 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I dunno, LRCW. I think I could see every coach in the game talking crazy about one another.

 

Parrish made this other coach seem like a real putz. One that wouldn't standup for himself. I just don't see that trait in Izzo.

Parrish made this other coach seem like a real putz.

 

That certainly leaves Crean open as a possibility.

 

Sorry Bench.

  • Author
Parrish made this other coach seem like a real putz. One that wouldn't standup for himself. I just don't see that trait in Izzo.

 

Good point.

Cal and Izzo are buddies. KSR is reporting that it was Cronin/Teague with Cronin thinking he was in a battle with UL for the kid before Cal swooped in and got him. Cronin seems like the type that would act in the way Parrish said this coach did. Izzo doesn't seem like the type to be bullied.

Cal and Izzo are buddies. KSR is reporting that it was Cronin/Teague with Cronin thinking he was in a battle with UL for the kid before Cal swooped in and got him. Cronin seems like the type that would act in the way Parrish said this coach did. Izzo doesn't seem like the type to be bullied.

 

You clearly know nothing about Mick Cronin.

 

There was a somewhat heated exchange In Vegas between Cal and Mick when the Teague situation went down. It didn't go down like Parrish said it did. I know that as a fact...

You clearly know nothing about Mick Cronin.

 

There was a somewhat heated exchange In Vegas between Cal and Mick when the Teague situation went down. It didn't go down like Parrish said it did. I know that as a fact...

 

Well then how did it go down?

Who is Cronin's last 5 star recruit that didn't have any question marks?

Who is Cronin's last 5 star recruit that didn't have any question marks?

 

Are you saying that Cal milking 3 million dollars of Nike money to Jeff Teague as the foundation for landing Mook at UK is a red flag? I consider it working the system. Do you consider it as a recruitment with question marks?

 

3 million dollars changed hands on a bench warming guard. Call it what makes you feel good...

Are you saying that Cal milking 3 million dollars of Nike money to Jeff Teague as the foundation for landing Mook at UK is a red flag? I consider it working the system. Do you consider it as a recruitment with question marks? 3 million dollars changed hands on a bench warming guard. Call it what makes you feel good...

 

No I call it UC basketball post Huggy, you all rarely get a recruit of UK caliber. Just the way it is my man. The part about question marks was directed at born ready.

No I call it UC basketball post Huggy, you all rarely get a recruit of UK caliber. Just the way it is my man. The part about question marks was directed at born ready.

 

Lance didn't get 3 million to come to UC...

Lance didn't get 3 million to come to UC...

 

You're missing my point. Cronin is never gonna beat Cal for a recruit unless Cal skips over him. Lance is his best recruit and the only guy UK worthy, but he had question marks and ended up at UC which worked out for everyone in the end.

 

It doesn't matter when Cal went after Teague, you and I are football guys as well, all recruits are open game until the papers are signed, that's how the game works.

Mick himself said this story isn't referring to him:

 

Mick Cronin ✔@CoachCroninUC

Lance. Tell them I'm sorry. I like a good confrontation. But it wasn't me. Last one I had a guy picked up my ball? 8:28 PM - 13 Aug 2015

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.