Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Gary Parrish story about Calipari

Featured Replies

  • Replies 45
  • Views 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just read that, too.

 

Talk about a power move. Certainly not going to make many friends that way but it gets the point across.

Yeah Parrish told that same story like 5 years ago

Yeah Parrish told that same story like 5 years ago

 

Except the Cronin/Teague story was with some merit as Cal and Wes got Jeff Teague a big time Nike deal when he was nothing more than a bench warmer in Atlanta in exchange for Mook. Cal never confronted Mick in person because he knew the deal... :thumb:

Except the Cronin/Teague story was with some merit as Cal and Wes got Jeff Teague a big time Nike deal when he was nothing more than a bench warmer in Atlanta in exchange for Mook. Cal never confronted Mick in person because he knew the deal... :thumb:

So the alleged confrontation isn't true or it happened with someone else?

 

Why would Teague leave Nike for Adidas after that?

Except the Cronin/Teague story was with some merit as Cal and Wes got Jeff Teague a big time Nike deal when he was nothing more than a bench warmer in Atlanta in exchange for Mook. Cal never confronted Mick in person because he knew the deal... :thumb:

 

What was he wearing before? Those Nikes have turned him into a pretty good ball player.

So the alleged confrontation isn't true or it happened with someone else?

 

Why would Teague leave Nike for Adidas after that?

 

The stuff with Mick/Cal/Teague was a couple years before what Parish is talking about. I know both sides of that story very well, but not positive what GP was talking about this time. I have a few ideas, but not sure which one it might be...

What was he wearing before? Those Nikes have turned him into a pretty good ball player.

 

Jeff got a small Nike deal out of Wake. He got an extension in between his 2nd and 3rd year I think it was, and at the time he was getting very limited bench run. I heard enough from both sides (I can include UL in there as well) to know how things were shifted behind the scenes on Mook...

  • Author
The stuff with Mick/Cal/Teague was a couple years before what Parish is talking about. I know both sides of that story very well, but not positive what GP was talking about this time. I have a few ideas, but not sure which one it might be...

 

Some folks mentioned Bruce Weber and Anthony Davis. Is that possible?

Some folks mentioned Bruce Weber and Anthony Davis. Is that possible?

 

No because Davis didn't hit the scene until his final AAU spring and summer. Thinking either Booker or Ulis, but that's just a guess...

  • Author
No because Davis didn't hit the scene until his final AAU spring and summer. Thinking either Booker or Ulis, but that's just a guess...

 

This story fascinates me because of the use of the words "prominent coach". Makes me think it is a very recognizable name but not someone like Coach K, Izzo, Pitino, Ole Roy, Self and maybe a few others. At the same time I am on a mission to find out who it is so I can see who went out like a punk. :lol2:

I'm guessing it was Izzo concerning Tyler Ulis.

 

I just don't see Izzo calling Cal a cheater like this coach did.

Cronin isn't a Prominent Coach? Or am I wrong?

  • Author
I just don't see Izzo calling Cal a cheater like this coach did.

 

I dunno, LRCW. I think I could see every coach in the game talking crazy about one another.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.