Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UC cops kills man.

Featured Replies

I mean the video was pretty darn clear IMO.

 

Agreed. This is the most open-and-shut of the cases like this that I have seen.

  • Replies 1.3k
  • Views 115k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a weird feeling about this. My thought is the Jury came to a verdict and then someone panicked. No way they call the family back to just send them home..

I have a weird feeling about this. My thought is the Jury came to a verdict and then someone panicked. No way they call the family back to just send them home..

 

I had a similar thought last night. I don't see why a phone call from the prosecutor to the family to say, "Hey, they're still deliberating." isn't sufficient. What is the purpose in bringing them to the courthouse just to tell them that and then send them back home?

My biggest question is why did Tensing pull his weapon in the first place? There was nothing I have seen or heard that should have led him to pull his weapon. For that reason along with the other evidence, he is guilty of something. I don't think it is murder. I think it is voluntary manslaughter.

My biggest question is why did Tensing pull his weapon in the first place? There was nothing I have seen or heard that should have led him to pull his weapon. For that reason along with the other evidence, he is guilty of something. I don't think it is murder. I think it is the lesser crime but he is guilty.

 

Great point. He had his weapon drawn well in advance of reaching into the vehicle, did he not? There was absolutely no reason for it.

My biggest question is why did Tensing pull his weapon in the first place? There was nothing I have seen or heard that should have led him to pull his weapon. For that reason along with the other evidence, he is guilty of something. I don't think it is murder. Negligent homicide? I think it is the lesser crime but he is guilty.

 

I have to agree. I don't think he set out to kill anyone. He used poor judgement and a man died as a result.

I don't know how they feel and I know it would be difficult for them, but the family should get out in front of any and all cameras and ask the public to refrain from rioting/protesting. No good will come from it.

My biggest question is why did Tensing pull his weapon in the first place? There was nothing I have seen or heard that should have led him to pull his weapon. For that reason along with the other evidence, he is guilty of something. I don't think it is murder. Negligent homicide? I think it is the lesser crime but he is guilty.

 

Exactly my thoughts.

My biggest question is why did Tensing pull his weapon in the first place? There was nothing I have seen or heard that should have led him to pull his weapon. For that reason along with the other evidence, he is guilty of something. I don't think it is murder. I think it is voluntary manslaughter.

 

Pretty much what I have thought from the beginning of the trial.

I edited my post to say voluntary manslaughter is what he is guilty of. I couldn't remember the lesser charge when I first posted. If you look at these two links, I see no way that Tensing can be found not guilty of at least voluntary manslaughter.

 

Ohio Voluntary Manslaughter Laws - FindLaw

 

Voluntary Manslaughter Defenses - FindLaw

 

If he is found not guilty, it is a failure by our court system. Unfortunately, we have seen our courts fail too many times so it certainly could happen.

Attorneys have been called back to court

Hung Jury

 

I'm staying away from downtown for a while.

 

Better than not guilty.

 

Technically not hung yet. The judge could order more deliberations. The jury said they have been unable to reach a decision.

 

Prosecution needs to figure out where they fell short and try the case again.

Hung Jury

 

I'm staying away from downtown for a while.

 

So, the judge basically told them that's unacceptable and to get back in there and deliberate some more, correct?

So, the judge basically told them that's unacceptable and to get back in there and deliberate some more, correct?

 

Yes. Kudos to the judge.

 

It appears she isn't accepting it.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.