Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UC cops kills man.

Featured Replies

Never figured out why Fort Thomas cops made so much more than Covington cops.

 

It is more important to the city of Fort Thomas to spend a greater amount of their budget on police officers.

  • Replies 1.3k
  • Views 115k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I thought someone said he was within his jurisdiction...

 

And I said the half mile this officer was within was just fine...

 

The post you quoted was in response to plantman saying he believed they could patrol up to three miles from campus.

Joe Deters has the video and will decide whether charges will be filed against the officer.

Joe Deters has the video and will decide whether charges will be filed against the officer.

 

The video from the lapel should show everything, plus audio. There shouldn't be too many questions.

  • Author
The video from the lapel should show everything, plus audio. There shouldn't be too many questions.

I wish it was that easy. People will see what they want to see.

I wish it was that easy. People will see what they want to see.

 

People will see whats on the video.

 

That's much better than the alternative.

  • Author
People will see whats on the video.

 

That's much better than the alternative.

 

People will see what they want to see.

I read there is also surveillance video from businesses in the area. Hopefully we have a good picture of this.

If you are an officer of the law, does jurisdiction really matter, are you not here to serve and protect, all.

 

So should they all be like Buford T. Justice and track speeders from Texas to Georgia?

 

 

There are all kinds of differences in laws across different jurisdictions. If an officer is going to have authority everywhere he should have to know the laws in every jurisdiction that he uses his authority in.

Joe Deters has the video and will decide whether charges will be filed against the officer.

 

I prefer "Joe Deters has the videos and will look at them to determine the direction that he will take".

 

So should they all be like Buford T. Justice and track speeders from Texas to Georgia?

 

There are all kinds of differences in laws across different jurisdictions. If an officer is going to have authority everywhere he should have to know the laws in every jurisdiction that he uses his authority in.

 

I doubt the law changes much from UC campus to downtown Cincinnati.

I doubt the law changes much from UC campus to downtown Cincinnati.

 

I was addressing his quote that an officer should have jurisdiction everywhere.

University police all have Countywide jurisdiction. This being because not all students live on campus. A case may take them well off campus.

One description of the altercation said that when the officer and the victim were fighting/arguing about getting out of the car the officer fell when he was trying to pull the door open. Car took off. Officer then fired.

 

IF (KEY WORD HERE) that is the case I would struggle to see the shooting being justified.

One description of the altercation said that when the officer and the victim were fighting/arguing about getting out of the car the officer fell when he was trying to pull the door open. Car took off. Officer then fired.

 

IF (KEY WORD HERE) that is the case I would struggle to see the shooting being justified.

 

I think we've all learned not to immediately trust eye witnesses when it comes to police encounters. They see what they want to see.

 

Before anyone jumps on that, no that doesn't mean it's automatically wrong. Just that I'll wait for more info.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.