Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UC cops kills man.

Featured Replies

Did any one read the article?? This was the third killing by a Campus cop since 1997. The last one was in 2011. I'm guessing that is more killings than most local law enforcement forces have seen with the exception of the inner city squads.

I saw one died as a result of being Tasered I would guess he had an underlying medical condition I'm not sure. But using the Taser it would seem as if they were trying "Not" to kill that person. Yet the Dept quit using them after paying off the family.

  • Replies 1.3k
  • Views 115k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Did any one read the article?? This was the third killing by a Campus cop since 1997. The last one was in 2011. I'm guessing that is more killings than most local law enforcement forces have seen with the exception of the inner city squads.

 

One of those deaths was with the use of a taser.

  • Author
One of those deaths was with the use of a taser.

 

Correct and now they are not allowed to use them.

  • Author
Same thing is generally true of Airport Police Officers and to a lesser extent Sheriff's Departments that get stuck patrolling rural areas.

 

Deep down in every real cop wants to be a city Cop.

 

In what city? Fort Thomas or Cincinnati?

In what city? Fort Thomas or Cincinnati?

 

To each their own. You certainly pointed out two extremes of city policing.

Did any one read the article?? This was the third killing by a Campus cop since 1997. The last one was in 2011. I'm guessing that is more killings than most local law enforcement forces have seen with the exception of the inner city squads.

 

I'm not surprised by this. What are the stats compared to Cincinnati PD proper ? UC does sit right in the middle of some of the best criminal enterprises in the city.

Same thing is generally true of Airport Police Officers and to a lesser extent Sheriff's Departments that get stuck patrolling rural areas.

 

Deep down in every real cop wants to be a city Cop.

I wonder why more Troopers don't make the jump to the big leagues and become City Cops where back up is just 60 seconds (at most) away and there are only a few square miles to patrol.

 

FWIW I dont' know a single cop that has watched the news and wish they were a City Cop in Baltimore or St Louis.

 

#BluevsGreyvsBrown

 

Just giving you a hard time

I wonder why more Troopers don't make the jump to the big leagues and become City Cops where back up is just 60 seconds (at most) away and there are only a few square miles to patrol.

 

FWIW I dont' know a single cop that has watched the news and wish they were a City Cop in Baltimore or St Louis.

 

#BluevsGreyvsBrown

 

Just giving you a hard time

 

State Troopers are more like Superman. Apples and Oranges and you didn't see me including them...

State Troopers are more like Superman. Apples and Oranges and you didn't see me including them...

Nice save.

 

I guess it depends from city to city and county to county.

Nice save.

 

I guess it depends from city to city and county to county.

 

I hear you, people don't know what they don't know. :D

  • Author
To each their own. You certainly pointed out two extremes of city policing.

 

Never figured out why Fort Thomas cops made so much more than Covington cops.

Remember, UC has a police department, he was not public safety. A UC PD officer is just like any other PD officer out enter. NKU used to have public safety, then switched to a PD force years ago.

 

A little is fine. Three miles outside a campus jurisdiction is farther than a little. That's like 15 blocks.

 

I thought someone said he was within his jurisdiction...

I work very close to UC campus. Most of the areas surrounding UC's campus are bad neighborhoods. When I get off work late at night, I often see young college women walking to off campus parties apparently completely unaware of their surroundings.

 

Personally, if I had a kid attending UC, I would be very glad UC Police had a 3 mile from campus jurisdiction.

 

I have had a lot of interaction with UC Police over my years of employment. I have no idea what went on in this case, but I will give the officer the benefit of a doubt until proven otherwise.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.