Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UC cops kills man.

Featured Replies

I can't speak for the UC police, but I know being a campus cop is not the most exciting job in the world. Checking for parking violations and locked doors gets a little boring, so anytime they can get involved with the smallest infraction they will. Its sad because one guy is dead, another's life is ruined, and for what.... a missing license plate?

  • Replies 1.3k
  • Views 115k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If he has a hold of the officer and was punching him or had pulled him partially into the car and was trying to put it into drive that might warrant shooting him...

 

It will be interesting to see what the actual details are.

I've never heard of this 48 hour wait period before giving a statement. Is that common in law enforcement?

 

I think it is. I know the Baltimore officers had more time than that (I think) in their most recent "rough ride" case.

I can't speak for the UC police, but I know being a campus cop is not the most exciting job in the world. Checking for parking violations and locked doors gets a little boring, so anytime they can get involved with the smallest infraction they will. Its sad because one guy is dead, another's life is ruined, and for what.... a missing license plate?

 

No that's what people say many times, but it is due to the actions that came after that. The man was not shot because he had a missing license plate.

 

When people (not necessarily you) say things like this, it makes me think that they don't want the police enforcing laws or doing anything other than respond to calls. That they should never do anything proactively.

I can't speak for the UC police, but I know being a campus cop is not the most exciting job in the world. Checking for parking violations and locked doors gets a little boring, so anytime they can get involved with the smallest infraction they will. Its sad because one guy is dead, another's life is ruined, and for what.... a missing license plate?

 

Missing license plate, car not registered to him (this may be nothing could have borrowed the car but....) driving on a suspended licence, driving with an open container. Im sure there were probably more violations, probably a parole violation as well for something.

I've never heard of this 48 hour wait period before giving a statement. Is that common in law enforcement?

Yes I think it is, because unlike someone arrested (who can refuse to say anything) they are compelled to make a statement as a condition of their employment. 48 hours I think is pretty universal across the country.

I've never heard of this 48 hour wait period before giving a statement. Is that common in law enforcement?

 

It wasn't where I worked, your statement was due by the end of shift.

My intention was not for the license plate to highlight the event, but rather point out how boring a campus cop's daily routine is. Anyone who has lived next to NKU can point this out. I'm not saying all are adrenline junkies, but some are. BTW, I am a big supporter of law enforcement, but when you've been around and seen certain things, law enforcement can be selective.

My intention was not for the license plate to highlight the event, but rather point out how boring a campus cop's daily routine is. Anyone who has lived next to NKU can point this out. I'm not saying all are adrenline junkies, but some are. BTW, I am a big supporter of law enforcement, but when you've been around and seen certain things, law enforcement can be selective.

 

Same thing is generally true of Airport Police Officers and to a lesser extent Sheriff's Departments that get stuck patrolling rural areas.

 

Deep down in every real cop wants to be a city Cop.

It would have to be a situation where the officer feared for his life. I guess time, and the video, will tell.

 

Like being on the hood of the car at a field party, right ?

Like being on the hood of the car at a field party, right ?

 

Absolutely a situation where deadly force is justified.

I think it is. I know the Baltimore officers had more time than that (I think) in their most recent "rough ride" case.

 

I checked. Baltimore officers get 10 days before having to file a report.

Absolutely a situation where deadly force is justified.

 

Don't disagree with you, but you previously cited choices that are made during the stop that dictate next moves. I won't hijack here, just sayin'.....

Don't disagree with you, but you previously cited choices that are made during the stop that dictate next moves. I won't hijack here, just sayin'.....

 

Of course choices dictate next moves but I didn't think you were trying to be argumentative here, just sayin'

  • Author
I can't speak for the UC police, but I know being a campus cop is not the most exciting job in the world. Checking for parking violations and locked doors gets a little boring, so anytime they can get involved with the smallest infraction they will. Its sad because one guy is dead, another's life is ruined, and for what.... a missing license plate?

 

Did any one read the article?? This was the third killing by a Campus cop since 1997. The last one was in 2011. I'm guessing that is more killings than most local law enforcement forces have seen with the exception of the inner city squads.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.