Why would you vote for Hillary?

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not a democrat, but it's the exact reason I find myself typically arguing or disagreeing with most republicans and conservatives on here. The vitriol and hatred they spew towards the other side makes me want to defend the other side.
It depends on who's in office. It was the exact opposite on this board when W was in the white house. You remember those days. I think it will be that way on this board forever.

It depends on who's in office. It was the exact opposite on this board when W was in the white house. You remember those days. I think it will be that way on this board forever.

I posted in November of 2008 that it would be fun to be on the other side of the vitriol and hatred for a while. Not 8 years though! People forget when it's not their guy getting raked over the coals. Just the way it is.

Frankly, captain, I prefer a healthy dose of vinegar in these political threads. Keeps things lively. Otherwise, these discussions get bogged down by civility-seeking posters tripping over themselves saying "both sides are to blame" or "all politicians are crooked."

It is possible to disagree without being disagreeable.

Both sides are to blame (I would say 60% Left 40% Right):D

Without a doubt, all politicians are crooked.

I'm sure you've stated this before, but why have you closed the door on Hillary?

I only ask because I like hearing why people don't vote for a person running for office as a member of their political party. I have heard other Democrats say they aren't voting for her.

I personally see her in a similar light as Mitch McConnell (very influential, very electable; but sleazy & unlikeable).

Her track record of her sleaziness and inability to be trusted is far and long. She's not nor has ever been Bill politically either. She also is the first politician to begin the smear campaign on Obama back when they battled for the nomination and her tactics then rubbed me the wrong way. Simply put, I don't like her and I wouldn't trust her with the keys to the country. While all politicians are self agenda serving I don't feel like our agendas are similar.

The only reason that I can see why anyone would vote for Hillary is because ideology trumps everything and her obvious flaws in honesty and integrity don't matter don't matter to the lemmings that will follow her over the cliff.

Haven't read all five pages. Commenting as I go along. A lot of folks felt the same way about Dubya.

That goes both ways as well.

C'mon. There's about a 6-1 advantage on BGP (possibly an extremely conservative estimate) for right v. left. Please stop acting like conservatives are so damned put upon. It's just silly.

Her track record of her sleaziness and inability to be trusted is far and long.......

- Fired from Watergate team - reason: lyiing.

- Cited in Travelgate affair as being dishonest to investigators in report.

- Knowingly and repeatedly lied about reason for Benghazi attack - to families of the dead and public.

Far and long? Those three cover her from about the start to near the end of her career. I am sure there instances of lies and failure to be honest on the official record that fill in more of the picture.

All politicians are self serving and some tell the crowds or camera what they want to hear even if its not in their heart or even their policy. But most do not have an official, on-the-record trail of lying and misleading official functions.

- Fired from Watergate team - reason: lyiing.

- Cited in Travelgate affair as being dishonest to investigators in report.

- Knowingly and repeatedly lied about reason for Benghazi attack - to families of the dead and public.

Far and long? Those three cover her from about the start to near the end of her career. I am sure there instances of lies and failure to be honest on the official record that fill in more of the picture.

All politicians are self serving and some tell the crowds or camera what they want to hear even if its not in their heart or even their policy. But most do not have an official, on-the-record trail of lying and misleading official functions.

All three of the issues you cited don't mean bo diddly to voters. (A) and (B) had their day in the sun two decades ago and © has gained no traction despite the best efforts (and eight or nine separate inquiries) of the GOP inquisitors. The way to defeat Mrs. Clinton is not by citing events of long ago, but by showing the American voter that her policies are bad for America, and that the Republicans' are better. Good luck with that one.

The D's are taking a risk if that's their candidate. I think another candidate could win the vote easily again and keep a D in office another term. Huge risk trotting this out as your candidate. Just sayin'.

451287667.jpg

Oh, for Chrissakes. This is a GOP-dominated board. Just stop. You act like the right never gets their say on here.

Nope. Not acting like that at all. I was simply pointing out that it is on both sides.

Calm down.