Covington Catholic 2015

Who's hand's will be touching the ball alot this season, RB? WR?

All we know is that the offense promises to be exciting if history of Evistons's offenses are any indication. I'm guessing the NCC supporters here can probably help everyone understand better what to expect scheme wise.

In terms of players, there is a nice core unit back: three of five starting o-linemen return in Reisiger (Tackle) Schulte (Guard) and Baute (Guard) then add Ziegelmeyer who ended up playing a lot at TE least year and probably slide down to the other tackle. Ludovicy looks like he will come in at Center.

In terms of the skill players, since the scheme is different, I'm not going to guess what positions any of these players will take- suffice to say they wil all play big roles and are tough talented kids who I expect will do big things. A lot of the skill players are also playing baseball and track. Some the the names I think we will hear a lot from are: France, Darlington, McGinness, Angel, Hentz, Mayer, Schrand, McLure, Beck, Summe and Dyer. I'm sure there are a few Im forgetting. Probably an incoming Soph or two that have the talent to contribute.

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Colonels will be interesting to watch this year.

On offense I think AJ Mayer will end up starting at QB, he's really talented, but he's a sophomore and football might be the number 3 sport for him. Add the change in scheme and it may cause the staff to give Ryan McGinness a look at QB. If he stays at receiver, McGinness does lot of really good things; fast, explosive and catches the ball well. I'm expecting a big year from him. Another nice receiver is Ben France, I'm expecting him to play the slot/wingback in Eviston's offense. Brent Angel will see the field. Other than that, there's some seniors (McClure, Fagin, Beck, Summe) that could see the field. And maybe an upcoming sophomore or two.

At Running Back it wouldn't stun me if Grant Dyer ended up starting.

A kid I'm excited to watch play at tackle is Hunter Ziegelmeyer. The term D1 gets thrown around pretty loosely, but I would be surprised if he didn't end up playing D1 if he stays healthy. He's huge, really physical and moves well. Just a really good football player. Also along the line, Chris Reisiger is a pretty good player playing the other tackle spot.

It might end up being a struggle on offense this year. With a new QB, real uncertainty at RB and only 1 real weapon that worries a defense in McGinness, Eviston is going to have to scheme well to be consistently effective.

A few questions for the above response.

Is Dressman still not going to play this year?

Will Mayer play football and potentially hurt his chances of playing hoops?

What happened to Darlington?

If CovCath goes as young as you say, then yes they are going to struggle, but I thought that their senior and junior classes were both pretty solid.

A few questions for the above response. Is Dressman still not going to play this year? Will Mayer play football and potentially hurt his chances of playing hoops? What happened to Darlington? If CovCath goes as young as you say' date=' then yes they are going to struggle, but I thought that their senior and junior classes were both pretty solid.[/quote']

AJ is solid in basketball. Football will not hurt that.

I do not think many sophs will start.

The Colonels will be interesting to watch this year.

On offense I think AJ Mayer will end up starting at QB, he's really talented, but he's a sophomore and football might be the number 3 sport for him. Add the change in scheme and it may cause the staff to give Ryan McGinness a look at QB. If he stays at receiver, McGinness does lot of really good things; fast, explosive and catches the ball well. I'm expecting a big year from him. Another nice receiver is Ben France, I'm expecting him to play the slot/wingback in Eviston's offense. Brent Angel will see the field. Other than that, there's some seniors (McClure, Fagin, Beck, Summe) that could see the field. And maybe an upcoming sophomore or two.

At Running Back it wouldn't stun me if Grant Dyer ended up starting.

A kid I'm excited to watch play at tackle is Hunter Ziegelmeyer. The term D1 gets thrown around pretty loosely, but I would be surprised if he didn't end up playing D1 if he stays healthy. He's huge, really physical and moves well. Just a really good football player. Also along the line, Chris Reisiger is a pretty good player playing the other tackle spot.

It might end up being a struggle on offense this year. With a new QB, real uncertainty at RB and only 1 real weapon that worries a defense in McGinness, Eviston is going to have to scheme well to be consistently effective.

Which McClure is this?

The McClure is Tyler. Lee McClure graduated this year.

I don't think Dressman is playing. It's crazy to think that's the case considering he had a 29 TD season as a soph just 2 years ago.

Actually I think Darlington will start if he's healthy, I just don't know if that's the case right now

You are thinking of Sam who had 30 TD's in his career.

It is disappointing that Ben is not playing, I think he was a very nice player that would have helped this team next year.

I heard that a combination of injuries and problems with the last coaching staff soured him on football.

200 lb fast, physical running backs don't grow on trees around here. Over the past few years in NKY I can think of Colin England now, Zach Harris, Luke Bir, AJ Collins and Travis Elliott.

I was counting passing TD's also for Ben he had 19 passing and 10 rushing as a soph. And Sam was also a very good player also for CovCath

CovCath needs a big 200 pound physical running back.

SK have any of those hanging around that aren't being used?

It will be interesting to watch CCH this year. Brutal schedule for sure.

The official coaching staff for this season goes as the following:

Eddie Eviston - Head Coach/ Offensive Coordinator

Terry Brown-Defensive Coordinator/Linebackers

Sam Beiting-Defensive Backs

Tyler Gross-Offensive Line

Pat Hancock-Defensive Line

Nick Hovan-Defensive Line

Dave Johnson-Defensive Backs

Ashley Moser-Running Backs

Benji Patenaude-Wide Receivers

Andy Zerhusen-Offensive Line/Associate Head Coach