Covington Catholic 2015

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a rumor I heard. Lights would help so the team can stay on same practice schedule every week.

We'd all like to have them...it's just a matter of getting all of the money scraped up so we can get all of the campus improvements completed at once like the Diocese has directed.

I was told Eddie got the team hooked up with new Nike gear and demanded lights be up for start of next season so home games will be played of Friday. If true GREAT moves by the new coach

If you mean by the start of next season and not this upcoming season, I can see lights as a real possibility. doubt it happens this season. Got new turf coming though.

BTW- they already had NIKE gear.

I heard a former Cov Cath receiver from Georgetown. Don't know his name.

Brian Piper. 2003 grad.

That's a good get for the coaching staff.

I don't know if Pipes is on the staff or not, but if so, I think that's a good addition. Brian is a good dude & played at Georgetown. As I recall, he had a tryout with the Bengals.

I don't know if Pipes is on the staff or not, but if so, I think that's a good addition. Brian is a good dude & played at Georgetown. As I recall, he had a tryout with the Bengals.

I haven't heard anything about Piper on the staff. The former Georgetown WR that was just hired is Ben Patenaude. He just graduated from Gtown and played under Eddie. He was very good in his time at Gtown and was one of the leaders of the team. Ben is originally from Chicago. He has a lot of passion and is a great motivater. I'm excited to see what he can do with at CovCath.

If you mean by the start of next season and not this upcoming season, I can see lights as a real possibility. doubt it happens this season. Got new turf coming though.

BTW- they already had NIKE gear.

Has CCH started replacing the turf yet? If not, how long a process is this? And what type turf are they getting?

Has CCH started replacing the turf yet? If not, how long a process is this? And what type turf are they getting?

Will take place during the dead period. Not sure what type- I'm guessing top of the line.

Will take place during the dead period. Not sure what type- I'm guessing top of the line.

Wow they can get it done in 2 weeks or so and Highlands takes 2 months or more. I hear at Highlands this year they will be going for 2 since the goal posts were unexpectedly taken down and cut up.