Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

KY Player Comes Out at Game - Looking for confirmation

Featured Replies

This made the front page of Yahoo.

 

The ex's name is not mentioned not even his team.

  • Replies 185
  • Views 27.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This made the front page of Yahoo.

 

The ex's name is not mentioned not even his team.

 

It's very easy to look at "a few games later" on the schedule, then recall one of your team's players getting thrown to the court and helped up. I'll be stunned if there isn't another kid dealing with major issues now as a result of this article.

Not sure of this story . Would like to hear the other side . I'm sure when people read the Rolling Stone rape article they were outraged also. IF it happened like reported the HS staff should be in some serious hot water .. and a band chanting " derogatory terms' I cant imagine that being acceptable anywhere in the US and its just sickening if that happened . But the whole report seems shaky . Like to terrible to be true . I sure hope we are not that depraved a society to do that to a young gay guy .

I've thought about it...I think my biggest issue with it is that I was at this tournament pretty much the entire week and didn't hear even a whisper about anything like this happening.

 

I'm in no way saying it's false but it's hard to believe this level of craziness was going on and no one was talking about it. I know I talked to several of you there and I assume you guys had no idea about this either?

I do not know if I buy the whole story or not. I hate playing detective but does Bryan Station even allow their players to drive to games or do they team bus it to every game? And I find it hard to believe a band (or fans) could be doing a chant and it not be all over every social media site and sports site like this one.

I do not know if I buy the whole story or not. I hate playing detective but does Bryan Station even allow their players to drive to games or do they team bus it to every game? And I find it hard to believe a band (or fans) could be doing a chant and it not be all over every social media site and sports site like this one.

 

With it being an across-town game, it's not uncommon — at least in my area — for players to find alternate transportation home.

I've thought about it...I think my biggest issue with it is that I was at this tournament pretty much the entire week and didn't hear even a whisper about anything like this happening.

 

I'm in no way saying it's false but it's hard to believe this level of craziness was going on and no one was talking about it. I know I talked to several of you there and I assume you guys had no idea about this either?

 

Today os the first I've heard of it. Still not sure what to make of it. Especially if I take into account everything I heard that week. Not saying this is a false story, I'm just amazed it never got out until now.

I'd be shocked...SHOCKED.....if Tommy Johnson knew about this incident and did nothing. SHOCKED.

 

I guess we'll see.....

Today os the first I've heard of it. Still not sure what to make of it. Especially if I take into account everything I heard that week. Not saying this is a false story, I'm just amazed it never got out until now.

 

This is also the first time I've ever heard anything about this at all. Like you, I'm in no way saying it's false but just hard to believe no one was talking about it.

Isn't it bad journalism to print a story without any quotes or comments from the school being prosucuted? No statement from the school district nothing even close to that. So what happened, you picked up the phone and called the school and nobody answered so that's just it? I find this very hard to believe.

Isn't it bad journalism to print a story without any quotes or comments from the school being prosucuted? No statement from the school district nothing even close to that. So what happened, you picked up the phone and called the school and nobody answered so that's just it? I find this very hard to believe.

 

They said they contacted the school (Bryan Station) but they were on Spring Break. I'm not a media member, but I'm guessing you spend more than one week on a story like this. And if they were on Spring Break, why not delay the report until next week? And shouldn't there have been comment from the Fayette County Superintendent? Just a lot of unanswered questions.

They said they contacted the school (Bryan Station) but they were on Spring Break. I'm not a media member, but I'm guessing you spend more than one week on a story like this. And if they were on Spring Break, why not delay the report until next week? And shouldn't there have been comment from the Fayette County Superintendent? Just a lot of unanswered questions.

 

Without a doubt, it's very sloppy reporting. With as easy as it is to determine who the school in question is, dropping a bombshell such as this without contacting all channels associated with that school is really weak.

It almost seems like some second-rate journalist could swoop in and make the correct phone calls and make this story even better.

It almost seems like some second-rate journalist could swoop in and make the correct phone calls and make this story even better.

 

At worst, it would have some aspect of fairness. Kind of ironic, really, given the overall subject matter.

At worst, it would have some aspect of fairness. Kind of ironic, really, given the overall subject matter.

 

I'm big fan of trying to get all the truths, especially when one side is being slammed with no voice. If it happened, the Bryan Station players who were involved should be punished. If they were punished, we should know that. It's hard to believe they were chasing a bus with no repercussions. Why were police not called? Where were the coaches? Parents? Why did no one know about this until now? There are just so many things left to question now.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.