KY Player Comes Out at Game - Looking for confirmation

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This article has a timeline and gives the back story on this kid and the whole Betsy Layne vs. Bryan Station game.

I'll say that I was at this entire game and I didn't think it was overly physical or dirty in any way. And I'm a pretty keen observer of the game of basketball. Do you agree @PurplePride92 ?

Layers, lessons to saga of gay Kentucky basketball star

This article has a timeline and gives the back story on this kid and the whole Betsy Layne vs. Bryan Station game.

I'll say that I was at this entire game and I didn't think it was overly physical or dirty in any way. And I'm a pretty keen observer of the game of basketball. Do you agree @PurplePride92 ?

Layers, lessons to saga of gay Kentucky basketball star

Absolutely. That's what kills me the most. This game became a national news story but no one who attended the tournament remembers anything about the game at all? No one remembers heightened security and not one story about the incident floated around the tournament the whole five days? That makes zero sense.

Hell, Wireman and I had to put out a small fire during the tournament over a BGP post and that was talked about way more than this alleged incident that happened between Betsy Layne-Bryan Station. :lol2:

Absolutely. That's what kills me the most. This game became a national news story but no one who attended the tournament remembers anything about the game at all? No one remembers heightened security and not one story about the incident floated around the tournament the whole five days? That makes zero sense.

Hell, Wireman and I had to put out a small fire during the tournament over a BGP post and that was talked about way more than this alleged incident that happened between Betsy Layne-Bryan Station. :lol2:

:lol2: I remember that well. I have much of this game on film. I may go through some of the videos if I think of it this weekend. I don't remember anything other than Betsy Layne being overmatched.