Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

KY Player Comes Out at Game - Looking for confirmation

Featured Replies

Link to article.

 

Ridiculous that this happened. It is a very interesting read though.

 

Also, wasn't sure what to put for the Title of the thread or if this was the appropriate message board, sort of skirts a few lines in that regard. Mods, feel free to change/move anything if necessary. Just thought this should be shared here and would be of interest.

  • Replies 185
  • Views 27.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wouldn't be too hard to figure out what school it was that chased him down. If that opposing coach knew about all of this and didn't suspend every one of them I'll be very disappointed. What a disgrace!

Wouldn't be too hard to figure out what school it was that chased him down. If that opposing coach knew about all of this and didn't suspend every one of them I'll be very disappointed. What a disgrace!
I take that back, if he knew about it and didn't suspend them, he should be fired. Plain and simple.

Not very hard at all to determine to whom Betsy Layne lost 73-41 in Lexington in December. I would be interested in knowing what, if anything, was done to those involved. Anyone with any information, please share.

I am really surprised this is the first we are hearing about this. If this took place at a college level, those players would most likely have a lengthy suspension or even kicked off the team. This is unacceptable in any case regardless of the topic.

Post the score and location of the game but this author wanted to leave the school's name out of it because he hadn't talked to them "yet"?? I'm not saying it didn't happen, but this story is awfully one sided, and has been unknown until now?? Seems to me that if there were lock down procedures, cops called, police escorts in the gym, then this story would've gotten out 3 months ago.

 

Again, I could be 100% wrong, but I always look at things skeptically I guess.

Post the score and location of the game but this author wanted to leave the school's name out of it because he hadn't talked to them "yet"?? I'm not saying it didn't happen, but this story is awfully one sided, and has been unknown until now?? Seems to me that if there were lock down procedures, cops called, police escorts in the gym, then this story would've gotten out 3 months ago.

 

Again, I could be 100% wrong, but I always look at things skeptically I guess.

 

Until I went and checked their KHSAA roster and scores, I was leery that this was an elaborate (and terrible) April Fools Day joke.

Ok...this is not an April's Fool joke, correct?

 

My first thought is that I was at this game and I can't figure out how I didn't see this or have any clue about it. Usually these things would be buzzing around the gym.

 

Second, where were the adults? Were there any repercussions? Will there be now?

I'm not sure I like this article. They also pretty much outed another kid who may not want to come out at this time. That's not really fair.

I'm not sure I like this article. They also pretty much outed another kid who may not want to come out at this time. That's not really fair.

 

"When Maldonado contacted Outsports to share his story we were a bit skeptical. " per the article. I take he contacted them.

 

I was really hoping this was a joke. But this is not the type of thing to joke about.

"When Maldonado contacted Outsports to share his story we were a bit skeptical. " per the article. I take he contacted them.

 

I was really hoping this was a joke. But this is not the type of thing to joke about.

 

Well that's not fair of Maldonado unless the other kid consented. There are enough details in this article to figure out who the "ex-boyfriend" is.

Well that's not fair of Maldonado unless the other kid consented. There are enough details in this article to figure out who the "ex-boyfriend" is.

 

That is true. I would hope that was the case.

Seems like a bad movie script.

I cant believe that I wouldn't had heard about this. I mean I was there everyday with our team in the locker rooms, gym floor and in the crowd and never heard a bit about this.. But after looking at the games.. I know there was 2 different courts for the Winners Bracket and Losers Bracket and I might had never noticed due to timing and different gyms.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.