Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

KY Player Comes Out at Game - Looking for confirmation

Featured Replies

A simple typo could have a huge impact here, couldn't it.

 

Yes. Yes it could.

  • Replies 185
  • Views 27.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am feeling pretty confident someone or "someones" isn't telling the whole truth.

 

:popcorn:

I am feeling pretty confident someone or "someones" isn't telling the whole truth.

 

:popcorn:

 

...and if someone isn't, and let's just play devils advocate that it's the victim here: How do we ever make (insert school name here) whole again? Not to throw any gas on the fire, but I can see this turning into a racial issue on top of the homophobic issue....

 

My prediction is this gets ugly very quickly...

I trust my sources.

 

You're golden with me. If you say they are good sources I'm with you 100%.

So we are all in agreement that...

 

If true, we have a problem

 

If not true, we have a problem

...and if someone isn't, and let's just play devils advocate that it's the victim here: How do we ever make (insert school name here) whole again? Not to throw any gas on the fire, but I can see this turning into a racial issue on top of the homophobic issue....

 

My prediction is this gets ugly very quickly...

 

I said the whole truth and I agree this could get very ugly.

Is this Rolling Stone/UVA all over again? I am not doubting that he has been harassed, chased, and heard anti-gay slurs in the past, but can the harassment as involved as what they are describing could have happened at Lexington Catholic and the Republic Bank tournament without someone being able to collaborate it or it being reported in the local media? Did the author check with Lex/Fayette Co metro police, or did I miss that?

 

This is about to get real. Check out the comment section below the article. The readers of Outsports are posting addresses and phone #s of Bryan Station. The PR/adminstration at Fayette County Public Schools and Bryan Station High School are about to have a busy Monday coming up.

I hear quite a bit about what's going on in the 11th, and am surprised that nothing has been said about this until now, especially at a tournament that has so many eyes on it. Not saying it isn't true, just that there seems to be quite a few people who usually hear about these things saying that this is the first they'd heard of it.

I'd be shocked...SHOCKED.....if Tommy Johnson knew about this incident and did nothing. SHOCKED.

 

I guess we'll see.....

 

Agreed.

It's pretty easy to tell that the main point of the story is true if you look around his FB page. He wasn't hacked.

 

Now his Facebook page has been restricted.

 

Let the games begin!

If this story is all of the way true why didn't the Betsy Layne coach address this immediately? No way this story should just be surfacing now when apparently everyone in the Betsy Layne program knew what was going on. Why would a team continue to play under these conditions in which you need a police escort to some meaningless tournament games? They stayed there four or five days and nobody said a word?

If this story is all of the way true why didn't the Betsy Layne coach address this immediately? No way this story should just be surfacing now when apparently everyone in the Betsy Layne program knew what was going on. Why would a team continue to play under these conditions in which you need a police escort to some meaningless tournament games? They stayed there four or five days and nobody said a word?

 

Yep, there are a ton of things that don't add up here and sooner or later the truth is going to come out.

I'm on it. I think I have a backdoor to get in on this one.

 

I'm hoping to have more to add to this as soon as tonight.

@d_maldy23 · 37m 37 minutes ago

 

I would like to thank my friends, family & teammates for sticking by my side and supporting me through everything!

Gay Kentucky basketball player comes out at a game, gets chased by opposing team - Outsports …

 

 

@d_maldy23 · 36m 36 minutes ago

 

I would also like to think outsports for doing the article on me and all the support and encouragement they have shown me!

 

 

@d_maldy23 · 36m 36 minutes ago

 

I would also like to thank everyone for the kind tweets and love they have shown me!

Confirmed 100%...it was Bryan Station.

 

As expected, there is more to the story.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.