April 2, 201511 yr I will say it, I think this is some type of of hoax but I have no idea either way. I did notice lex18.com took their article off of their site: http://www.lex18.com/story/28699566/kentucky-high-school-basketball-player-harassed-by-opposing-team
April 2, 201511 yr Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002579890930&fref=ts Sure looks legit to me.
April 2, 201511 yr Sure looks legit to me. I agree the FB page looks legit but that doesn't mean the page wasn't hacked and/or something else isn't at work. I will be glad when we get confirmation one way or the other on the report.
April 2, 201511 yr I agree the FB page looks legit but that doesn't mean the page wasn't hacked and/or something else isn't at work. I will be glad when we get confirmation one way or the other on the report. It's pretty easy to tell that the main point of the story is true if you look around his FB page. He wasn't hacked.
April 2, 201511 yr It's pretty easy to tell that the main point of the story is true if you look around his FB page. He wasn't hacked. Is he commenting on anything?
April 2, 201511 yr My folks at Bryan Station say, "this is not true." I trust my people. They are very solid. Edited April 3, 201511 yr by PurplePride92
April 2, 201511 yr From the article: Moments later in the locker room, Maldonado broke down. He had struggled with his sexual orientation for years, confiding in just a small group of people including one of his best friends and teammate McKenzie Akers. He had just that week told his parents that he was gay. While they weren't sure how to take it, they said they still loved him no matter what. AND "It's all true," Betsy Layne assistant boys basketball coach Brandon Kidd assured us. Kidd has known Maldonado for many years and played at Betsy Lane a decade ago. Maldonado also sent us photographs of the incident. "They kept yelling that word," Akers said, wary of saying (slur) out loud. "They wanted to get to Dalton. It was intense." AND All photos courtesy of Mandy Stumbo. [TABLE] [TR] [TD]Address[/TD] [TD]4 Stumbo Circle McDowell, KY 41647 United States[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Daytime phone[/TD] [TD] 606-377-6157[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]
April 2, 201511 yr My folks at Bryan Station say it wasn't their school involved in this incident. I trust my people. They are very solid. If the other team isn't Station what are the other possibilities?
April 2, 201511 yr From the Scoreboard: [TABLE] [TR] [TD]Dec 26, 14[/TD] [TD]Lexington Catholic[/TD] [TD]away[/TD] [TD]57[/TD] [TD]- 90[/TD] [TD](L)[/TD] [TD]Click[/TD] [TD][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Dec 27, 14[/TD] [TD]Campbell, NH[/TD] [TD]at Lexington Catholic[/TD] [TD]72[/TD] [TD]- 70[/TD] [TD](W)[/TD] [TD]Click[/TD] [TD][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Dec 28, 14[/TD] [TD]Bryan Station[/TD] [TD]at Lexington Catholic[/TD] [TD]41[/TD] [TD]- 73[/TD] [TD](L)[/TD] [TD]Click[/TD] [TD][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Dec 29, 14[/TD] [TD]Henry Clay[/TD] [TD]at Lexington Catholic[/TD] [TD]40[/TD] [TD]- 79[/TD] [TD](L)[/TD] [TD]Click[/TD] [TD]Traditional Bank Holiday Classic[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Dec 30, 14[/TD] [TD]Perry County Central[/TD] [TD]at Lexington Catholic[/TD] [TD]82[/TD] [TD]- 75[/TD] [TD](W)[/TD] [TD]Click[/TD] [TD]Traditional Bank Holiday Classic Overtime[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]
April 2, 201511 yr Does the Floyd County Times cover Betsy Lane? If so, how come they haven't picked the story up and/or released a story of their own? Who is the sports reported for this paper?
April 2, 201511 yr The Author: Cyd Zeigler Jr is a commentator and author in the field of sexuality and sports. Wikipedia Cyd Zeigler - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.