Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky vs. Notre Dame Predictions

Elite 8 Who wins? 64 members have voted

  1. 1. Elite 8 Who wins?

    • Kentucky
      92%
      59
    • Notre Dame
      7%
      5

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

  • Replies 116
  • Views 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My biggest worry is UK coming down after being so excited to put a whipping on WVU.

 

It can be a thing. UK won by the same margin last night that Louisville beat Arizona by in the 2009 Midwest regional semifinals, 39 points. Louisville had a disastrous day the next game.

 

That said, this UK team is markedly better than that Louisville team (despite each of them being the Number 1 overall seed) and as far as I can tell to this point, nobody on this Kentucky team is a certifiable head case like Terrance Williams was for Louisville.

ND is probably the best team UK has played this season. I think they will put up some points but will have trouble stopping UK's inside game. Grant is a good passer but the Harrisons match his size and hopefully can keep him under control. I'd love to see Connaughton get in foul trouble. IMO he is the heart of the Irish squad. ND has a very good offense but I think they'll find out that it is different when you're confronting that size all over the place.

One thing that worries me though is you can't always count on the jumpers falling like last night to win from here on you need that consistent inside scorer that can get you a bucket when you have to have one. That's the only thing I'm not completely bought into with the Cats.

 

Wait, what? You don't think they have a consistent post scoring option? :eek:

and as far as I can tell to this point, nobody on this Kentucky team is a certifiable head case like Terrance Williams was for Louisville.

 

That guy just makes me put a grin on my face. Never forget him.

That guy just makes me put a grin on my face. Never forget him.

 

The more years that go by, I feel vindicated in my constant defense of Edgar Sosa in the face of people who thought Williams was just so darn great. Everything people accused Sosa of doing on that team, T-Will actually did. Every once in a while when talking about that team I have a nice little moment where I imagine a world in which Sosa had been actually allowed to play point guard without Williams pouting after every possession he didn't get a touch or demanding the ball at every moment.

The more years that go by, I feel vindicated in my constant defense of Edgar Sosa in the face of people who thought Williams was just so darn great. Everything people accused Sosa of doing on that team, T-Will actually did. Every once in a while when talking about that team I have a nice little moment where I imagine a world in which Sosa had been actually allowed to play point guard without Williams pouting after every possession he didn't get a touch or demanding the ball at every moment.

 

Edgar Sosa

This is the same Notre Dame team that beat Northeastern by 4 and was all but beat by Butler, isn't it?

Along with Kentucky, Notre Dame is imo the best team in the country "right now". They won the ACC tournament, beating UNC and Duke back to back, have also beaten both of those twice this season..I believe that I heard one of the commentators say that N.D. had the best offensive efficiency rating in the country and they avg. 78 pts. per game. Plus, being an above excellent coached team I think that U.K. will have their hands full. The Irish are cruising thru this region, playing their best ball of the season as U.K is playing great

I think that the Cats will win but I don't think that this one is a blowout / double digit win.

 

U.K. 74

N..D. 70

Don't you feel UK will struggle a little bit against Notre Dame's spread offense? What team UK has played this year do you feel mostly resembles Notre Dame's offense?

 

ND will try to pull WCS and KAT away from the basket to open driving lanes, which often leads to kickouts to open 3-pt shooters or cutters to the basket.

 

Whoever is guarding Auguste, stay home; on-ball defenders must fight thru the screen. Sag off of Grant and dare him to shoot the 3 (only .322 from beyond the arc) and negate his driving ability. Guard Connaughton, Jackson, Vasturia and Beachem at the 3-pt line, and contest everyone of their shots, and UK wins the game.

I think Auburn made 13 threes against UK and lost by 35. Hope ND does the same.

The more years that go by, I feel vindicated in my constant defense of Edgar Sosa in the face of people who thought Williams was just so darn great. Everything people accused Sosa of doing on that team, T-Will actually did. Every once in a while when talking about that team I have a nice little moment where I imagine a world in which Sosa had been actually allowed to play point guard without Williams pouting after every possession he didn't get a touch or demanding the ball at every moment.

 

I will just never forget him at the NKU exhibition game. We gave him tons of grief. He didn't play and was in street clothes, some kinda injury. He stands up, looks right at me, pulls out a wad of cash and says "Expletive, I get money" haha! Always makes me laugh.

I will just never forget him at the NKU exhibition game. We gave him tons of grief. He didn't play and was in street clothes, some kinda injury. He stands up, looks right at me, pulls out a wad of cash and says "Expletive, I get money" haha! Always makes me laugh.

 

One of my friends from law school (a lifelong UofL fan) used to do an impression of Williams when we played beer pong. He'd pull up a chair about six feet behind the table, sit in it and casually whip balls toward the target while not actually looking at it, all with a huge grimace on his face as if to show he didn't really care. It was absolutely hilarious... unless you were on his team... which is I'm sure how the rest of that 2009 team felt.

How does WVU get 13.23% of the vote in their prediction thread and ND only gets 2.32%?

 

*Disclaimer: I moved one posters vote in both threads to "Kentucky".

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.