9th Region Starter Predictions

If I was to guess for St.Henry (and I am guessing)

Goetz

Wallenhorst

Grant Williams

kid that transferred from Ryle but had to sit out this year...AJ?

Mitch Schuler Soph next year

Interesting. I got the first 3. What kind of height on AJ and Schuler?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Highlands

PG- Posey Soph (5'8)

2G- Cain Sr. (6'0)

SF- Daugherty Sr. (6'0)

PF- Finfrock/LaFrange Jrs (6'2 and 6'3)

C- Hebel Sr (6'2)

These are obviously presumptions based on mostly reading and talking to folks close to the program. Others may have better insight.

Sr Guard Nick Kendall (5'10) should also provide scoring and leadership. He could be a 3rd guard on the floor most times as well. Shoots the 3 well.

Bryce Traylor would be in the mix but just found out he and his family are moving to Florida this summer.

I would expect both Chandler New and his younger brother Crosley to get minutes as well as upcoming sophs Nick Venaman, Griffin Huber and Carl Schoellman to be part of Coach Listerman's plan.

Someone will have to step up and replace Parker Harris' ability to score. Posey showed glimpses toward the end of the year and Cain has a knack for attacking the rim so he could up his scoring avg as well. Hebel has the ability to put up sold numbers on the post as well, a true space eater. Finfrock and LaGrange provide some nice additional size. Daugherty should be healthy and will provide aggressive defense as well as leadership. Probably still not a regional contender but the cupboard isn't bare Either. There are a lot of athletes to put out there.

Edited by Qryche11

If I was to guess for St.Henry (and I am guessing)

Goetz

Wallenhorst

Grant Williams

kid that transferred from Ryle but had to sit out this year...AJ?

Mitch Schuler Soph next year

Interesting. I got the first 3. What kind of height on AJ and Schuler?

Heard the boy who sat out from Ryle is a very good outside shooter. Schuler is probably 6'3" ish. Does a lot of good things. Nice size, mobile, reminds me of Schmidt who played there in 03.

I really hate to speculate on "starters" this far in advance. Besides Goetz and Wallenhorst, the rest are up for grabs. Some kids will put in the time from now til the start of next year and you will see big improvements and surprises. Some kids will grow and you won't recognize them on next years roster.

Highlands

PG- Posey Soph (5'8)

2G- Cain Sr. (6'0)

SF- Daugherty Sr. (6'0)

PF- Finfrock/LaFrange Jrs (6'2 and 6'3)

C- Hebel Sr (6'2)

With a lack of vertical size, HHS will play a lot of non-traditional line-ups. May have 4 guards or 5 guards/forwards on the floor for a good part of the game. I can see a rotation of 10 kids depending on the match up. Losing Traylor is a big deal as he was one of only a few basketball only kids. The struggle again will be that almost all these boys will be joining the basketball team after the conclusion of football.

My thoughts of potential starters and their backup:

PG - Posey - New

2G - Kendall - Green

SF - Cain - Noe

PF - Dougherty - Lafrange

C- Hebel - Finfrock

Edited by MentschTrachtGottLacht
Fix quote box

Covington Catholic

PG-Ruthsatz

2G-CVH, Fredrick

SF-Flood, Lay

PF-Mayer, Ziegelmeyer

C-Heppler, Walter (6-8") and getting better everyday

Several other talented freshman to be sophomores that can play.

CCH will be very deep

Covington Catholic

PG-Ruthsatz

2G-CVH, Fredrick

SF-Flood, Lay

PF-Mayer, Ziegelmeyer

CCH will be very deep

Sweeney and Massie?

Covington Catholic

PG-Ruthsatz

2G-CVH, Fredrick

SF-Flood, Lay

PF-Mayer, Ziegelmeyer

CCH will be very deep

With all the talent currently in the CCH program that is returning....... you've got an 8th grader from Ohio in the rotation:popcorn:

Thanks for the clarification Q.

Still seems like a reach with all the talent returning from varsity and the talent that played JV for a frosh player to jump all those other kids. Good problems to have in Park Hills. #dynasty

Agree overall but the kid is skilled. Body developing. He's a TBD right now but he is skilled.

Yup, as long as the coaching staff stays intact I think they will continue to get interest from some of the best players in the Tri-State. They almost had the McBride kid who is a Top 5 8th grader in Cincinnati Metro but I believe he is going to Moeller.

Yup, as long as the coaching staff stays intact I think they will continue to get interest from some of the best players in the Tri-State. They almost had the McBride kid who is a Top 5 8th grader in Cincinnati Metro but I believe he is going to Moeller.

Is that the Cardinal Pacelli kid? Last I heard he was coming to CCH with the 8th grade Fredrick.