• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holmes -

PG - McClendon

SG - Englemon

SG - Mullins

PF - Arnold

SF - Moore

Positions could be wrong, however, I would think these 5 will start. May not be as deep as they have been. These 5 will get the bulk of the minutes. Never know who might show up, though.

Holmes

PG-Commodore

SG-McClendon

SF-Mullins

PF-Arnold

C-Greene

Moore will be the first big off the bench and Englemon and Daniels will be the first guards off the bench. I think sophomore PG LJ Miller will also earn some back up minutes.

Holmes

PG-Commodore

SG-McClendon

SF-Mullins

PF-Arnold

C-Greene

Moore will be the first big off the bench and Englemon and Daniels will be the first guards off the bench. I think sophomore PG LJ Miller will also earn some back up minutes.

I see know way that McClendon won't play the point. What is your basis for Commodore there? @Walter, am I wrong here?

I see know way that McClendon won't play the point. What is your basis for Commodore there?

He's a true floor general and McClendon is a scoring guard. Holmes needs McClendon to score points to be successful. It doesn't matter either way, McClendon will still bring the ball up the court on occasion. This year for example Beetle and McClendon shared PG duties, the positions are interchangeable.

Commodore has too much upside to not start, he's only going to get bigger and better over the summer. Englemon and Daniels are better suited for 6th man type roles.

Holmes

PG-Commodore

SG-McClendon

SF-Mullins

PF-Arnold

C-Greene

I see know way that McClendon won't play the point. What is your basis for Commodore there? @Walter, am I wrong here?

Holmes -

PG - McClendon

SG - Englemon

SG - Mullins

PF - Arnold

SF - Moore

Positions could be wrong, however, I would think these 5 will start. May not be as deep as they have been. These 5 will get the bulk of the minutes. Never know who might show up, though.

He's a true floor general and McClendon is a scoring guard. Holmes needs McClendon to score points to be successful. It doesn't matter either way, McClendon will still bring the ball up the court on occasion. This year for example Beetle and McClendon shared PG duties, the positions are interchangeable.

Commodore has too much upside to not start, he's only going to get bigger and better over the summer. Englemon and Daniels are better suited for 6th man type roles.

McClendon and Raavai will share the PG duties next year. If Raavai is in, 9 times out of 10, he's bringing the ball up the floor or atleast starting the offense once the ball gets across half court. That's how he was used this year playing along side McClendon with Beetle out of the game.

You can probably pencil in McClendon, Mullins, and Arnold as starters but the other two positions are up for grabs, IMO.

Englemon and Moore give the Dogs more experience and maybe more scoring.

Englemon showed in the region tournament this year that he can score if given an opportunity as a knock down shooter from outside. He was either Holmes leading or second leading scorer at the JV level this past season.

Moore could end up being really good as a senior. Not as athletic as most other big men but stretches the D unlike any big that Holmes has had these past few years, while also having really good footwork in the post. He played very well against Covcath in the region finals.

Commodore is probably the second best defender on the team next year. His length and quickness will make Holmes very tough on the perimeter when he is in with McClendon and Mullins. Right now he doesn't have a consistent jumper but he can blow by anyone and is strong going to the rim.

Greene probably has the most raw ability on the team. 6'5, can shoot, and very athletic. Will need to improve his defense to start next year though.

My best guess at the rotation next year:

Starters

6'1 Commodore

5'11 McClendon

6'1 Mullins

6'2 Arnold

6'5 Moore

Bench

5'10 Englemon

5'9 Daniels

6'5 Greene

6'4 Bolden (Beetle's cousin...current soph)

I wouldn't be surprised if Englemon starts though. Coach L is very loyal to his seniors and Brennon is more than deserving and capable of a starting role.

PG -- Ruthsatz

SG -- CVH

SF -- Flood

PF -- Mayer

C -- Heppler / Ziegelmeyer

If Ziegelmeyer is as good as I've been told, I'd be surprised if he isn't starting. Have heard he is an absolute animal out there. Physical and really strong.

I assume Newcath will go with:

5'10 Stevie Pangallo (Soph)

5'10 Brennan Hall (Soph)

6'0 Eric Anderson (Senior)

6'1 Luke Moeves (Junior)

6'7 Ben Weyer (Senior)

Wonder if Jake Smith will come out for his senior year? Could be a solid guard to add to the rotation as a senior if he gets in the gym this summer. i know he has really put a lot of focus in to football, though.

McClendon and Raavai will share the PG duties next year. If Raavai is in, 9 times out of 10, he's bringing the ball up the floor or atleast starting the offense once the ball gets across half court. That's how he was used this year playing along side McClendon with Beetle out of the game.

You can probably pencil in McClendon, Mullins, and Arnold as starters but the other two positions are up for grabs, IMO.

Englemon and Moore give the Dogs more experience and maybe more scoring.

Englemon showed in the region tournament this year that he can score if given an opportunity as a knock down shooter from outside. He was either Holmes leading or second leading scorer at the JV level this past season.

Moore could end up being really good as a senior. Not as athletic as most other big men but stretches the D unlike any big that Holmes has had these past few years, while also having really good footwork in the post. He played very well against Covcath in the region finals.

Commodore is probably the second best defender on the team next year. His length and quickness will make Holmes very tough on the perimeter when he is in with McClendon and Mullins. Right now he doesn't have a consistent jumper but he can blow by anyone and is strong going to the rim.

Greene probably has the most raw ability on the team. 6'5, can shoot, and very athletic. Will need to improve his defense to start next year though.

My best guess at the rotation next year:

Starters

6'1 Commodore

5'11 McClendon

6'1 Mullins

6'2 Arnold

6'5 Moore

Bench

5'10 Englemon

5'9 Daniels

6'5 Greene

6'4 Bolden (Beetle's cousin...current soph)

I wouldn't be surprised if Englemon starts though. Coach L is very loyal to his seniors and Brennon is more than deserving and capable of a starting role.

It would be a big boost if Xavian is back with the team next season. He gives them even more depth down low. Hopefully McCann continues to improve as well. Next years Holmes team could be pretty deep.

It would be a big boost if Xavian is back with the team next season. He gives them even more depth down low. Hopefully McCann continues to improve as well. Next years Holmes team could be pretty deep.

I've already been told Xavian will be back next year...he played a big role in the JV success before Christmas break this past season...6'4, rebounds, defends, and could care less about scoring. Does all the little things. Would definitely help in the post.

I'm not expecting much from McCann but you never know. The good thing is he still has two more summers to continue to develop and at 6'5, the coaching staff atleast has size to work with.

Conner should be solid next year with these 4 starting:

Michael Scott

Kyler Padgett

Alec Garnett

Spencer Hemmerich

Will Ian Collier be the 5th starter? (paging Clyde)

My guess is Collier is the likely starter. Suprenant will get some run as well.

And I know we say it every year, but Newport should actually be a legit top 5-7 team next year with the following starters:

5'11 Rico Hollis (5.3 ppg, 2.4 rpg)

6'1 Ethan Snapp (18.7 ppg, 3.9 rpg)

6'1 Kedan Davis (7 ppg, 3.5 rpg)

6'2 Najee Williams

6'2 Kam Covington (7.4 ppg, 7.3 rpg)