Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dave Bezold Out As NKU's Coach

Featured Replies

  • Replies 125
  • Views 20.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just throwing it out there.....Ruthsatz??

^ I'm sure Scott would do well at the next level, I just think he is happy where he is at and that nothing is going to get him away from CCH. But, if NKU wasn't going to go with a coach with D1 experience Scott would be on my list. I don't feel each hire has to have D1 experience, I just think NKU will want a coach that is known for his college recruiting.

I don't think they would ever, ever bring a high school coach in to a D1 head coaching job.

  • Author
Just throwing it out there.....Ruthsatz??

 

Throwing it back at ya.

Yes, that is what I'm saying.

 

I'm not convinced of that, there's more to being a DI coach than the X's and O's, especially with a start-up program.

I'm not convinced of that' date=' there's more to being a DI coach than the X's and O's, especially with a start-up program.[/quote']

 

You're not convinced of what? That Dave would have kept his job by winning the conference tourney?

This move was decided for almost a year.

 

It was common knowledge around these parts from the D1 coaches, that this job was gonna open and that there was a leader in the clubhouse.

....

 

Was strange seeing Dave at Rupp last night standing on the concourse in a green sweater. Honestly, I don't think I've ever seen him without Norse gear on before. Ever.

.... Was strange seeing Dave at Rupp last night standing on the concourse in a green sweater. Honestly' date=' I don't think I've ever seen him without Norse gear on before. Ever.[/quote']

 

Never.

How many years were left on Dave's contract?

From EVERYONE's account Dave was a great guy, and I think we can all agree he's a VERY solid coach. But does anyone really believe he was the guy to take them to that next level?

 

I certainly don't. I think he'll land on his feet somewhere, he has a great resume, but 11 years is a long time, and I know the landscape was different for a lot of those, but it was time to move on. As stated above, I knew it, everyone knew it, so it can't be that great of a shock.

Wife knows a family member of one of the players. She said the players and their families all knew this was a very likely move at season's end.

....

 

Was strange seeing Dave at Rupp last night standing on the concourse in a green sweater. Honestly, I don't think I've ever seen him without Norse gear on before. Ever.

 

As I told you, watching the 9th region tournament at NKU just wouldn't have felt right without seeing Beez lumber around in Norse gear.

I wonder how Drew McDonald views this coaching change? I know some kids pick the school and other kids pick the coach. I know Drew liked the school, coach and the opportunity to play golf. Perfect fit for him. The coach is the one who offers the one year renewable scholarship. Does the new coach have to honor the current offer? I think the kid has the option to opt out with a change?

Could the offer to CVH be taken back since he has not committed?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.