Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dave Bezold Out As NKU's Coach

Featured Replies

Per an ESPN reporter on Twitter:

 

"Northern Kentucky's Dave Bezold is out as head coach, source told ESPN."

  • Replies 125
  • Views 20.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author

Coach Bezold did a lot of good things for NKU's program during his tenure and I always liked the guy personally. Thank you for all the years and I wish him best wherever he lands next.

Good move i hope they hire somebody that recruits in NKY and rest of Kentucky.

....

 

Sad for Dave and his family, but was never in doubt.

 

They will have their pick of several good candidates. I think NKU fan will be very pleased at the trajectory of the program over the next few years.

Always liked him, hope he lands on his feet somewhere.

  • Author

I'll be interested to see what happens with former player and Asst. Coach Kevin Schappelle as well.

I'll be interested to see what happens with former player and Asst. Coach Kevin Schappelle as well.

 

I would expect every assistant / DBO to be gone, save one.

  • Author
I would expect every assistant / DBO to be gone, save one.

 

I figured as much, but wondered if he would find himself another coaching job somewhere.

 

I'd imagine Coach Huggins serves as a good reference for him.

 

I think, from what I understand, that he's a pretty good recruiter.

I would expect every assistant / DBO to be gone, save one.

 

Dante?

  • Author

Lance retweeted a ESPN reporter:

 

Look for Xavier assistant Travis Steele to be in the mix and Northern Kentucky, source told ESPN. Strong recruiting ties in area.

Lance retweeted a ESPN reporter:

 

Look for Xavier assistant Travis Steele to be in the mix and Northern Kentucky, source told ESPN. Strong recruiting ties in area.

 

You heard that on BGP on March 3 at 9:30 PM. :thumb:

Good move i hope they hire somebody that recruits in NKY and rest of Kentucky.

 

It's not like D1 basketball recruits are a dime a dozen here in NKY. A couple go D1 every year, but I've said it before, there has to be mutual interest on both sides. I really don't think think NKU is the first place top NKY players are thinking about.

 

Dave's a real good dude and I've know him since our kids played together when they were younger. Hopefully he'll land somewhere.

Good luck coach, you did a great job! How/ will this effect this years recruiting class and current players?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.