Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dave Bezold Out As NKU's Coach

Featured Replies

NKU needs to recruit locally to get people to come to the games though. Just think they could have the following kids play their.

 

Ruthsatz

Hatton

Bolden

Zack Tobler

Antonio Campbell

Henderson

Richardo Johnson

Elijah Pittman

 

Please, just stop it!! The next coach wont be recruiting NKY kids either unless they are good enough to play for him. Some of the Kids you have mentioned are better than NKU's level and Bez would have loved to have them but he wasnt getting them unless he was paying players. Others on this list aren't going to help you win games at NKU's level and Bez did get some very good recruits, his point guard now is a player from Indiana and he is going to be a top player in the league. Bez was at a big disadvantage because he couldn't go to the NCAA tournament and thus it was hard to get transfer players which you need to succeed at NKU's level. Bez did a very good job and now someone will get to come in when it will be much easier to recruit.

  • Replies 125
  • Views 20.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So we know we'll have Travis Steele applying. I'd assume we'll have John Brannen applying.

 

I'm curious to hear the others that apply.

 

Northside is 100% correct that the new coach gets a better situation than Dave came into. That's just the way the business works though.

 

Program needs a jumpstart and the new coach will have 1 year of prep before NKU is eligible to make a run at the NCAA tourney.

 

Plus there's always the question of conference. What conference will NKU be in in the near future? Not sure if it's 100% A-Sun.

So we know we'll have Travis Steele applying. I'd assume we'll have John Brannen applying.

 

I'm curious to hear the others that apply.

 

Northside is 100% correct that the new coach gets a better situation than Dave came into. That's just the way the business works though.

 

Program needs a jumpstart and the new coach will have 1 year of prep before NKU is eligible to make a run at the NCAA tourney.

 

Plus there's always the question of conference. What conference will NKU be in in the near future? Not sure if it's 100% A-Sun.

 

I was in Lexington last week at the Bryan Station game and a guy I played against in high school gave me a name without me even asking that he heard was very interested in the job - Darrin Horn. Not sure if it is true or not but it wouldnt shock me if they upgrade the pay.

 

Also, I believe NKU would like to upgrade conferences which with a winning team and in a bigger league would definitely help attendance.

. Not sure if it is true or not but it wouldnt shock me if they upgrade the pay.

 

They have no choice.

They have no choice.

 

I agree they will be increasing the pay, I guess the question is how much are they willing to pay and would this job be of interest to someone like Darrin Horn.

  • Author

Plus there's always the question of conference. What conference will NKU be in in the near future? Not sure if it's 100% A-Sun.

 

I'm pretty confident that the Horizon League is where NKU will find itself not long after their probationary period is over.

There's an exception to every situation but face it NKY is NOT a hotbed to recruit D1 basketball. To recruit more here will only keep them at a d2 level of playing. I totally agree with Northside. Nku going D1 is more of a benefit for Thomas More and Mt St. Joe.

So we know we'll have Travis Steele applying. I'd assume we'll have John Brannen applying.

 

I'm curious to hear the others that apply.

 

Northside is 100% correct that the new coach gets a better situation than Dave came into. That's just the way the business works though.

 

Program needs a jumpstart and the new coach will have 1 year of prep before NKU is eligible to make a run at the NCAA tourney.

 

Plus there's always the question of conference. What conference will NKU be in in the near future? Not sure if it's 100% A-Sun.

 

Will be interesting to see if they show iny interest in Larry Davis. He's obviously on the older end of the spectrum at 59, but has proven this year he can get the job done and he is probably at his best recruiting under the radar kids for that level...

  • Author
Will be interesting to see if they show iny interest in Larry Davis. He's obviously on the older end of the spectrum at 59, but has proven this year he can get the job done and he is probably at his best recruiting under the radar kids for that level...

 

I was talking to a buddy, huge UC fan, and he said he wondered if they would try to target him. I said that if anyone would know it was you and you hadn't said anything yet. Said I thought maybe you were waiting til Sunday haha!

How many years did Dave have left on his contract?

Coach Rasso ‏@Coach_Rasso 1h1 hour ago

Sad to hear Coach Bez is out at NKU. I owe that man so much... 140 characters would never do it justice... Love you coach

I agree they will be increasing the pay, I guess the question is how much are they willing to pay and would this job be of interest to someone like Darrin Horn.

 

Any call from NKU to WKU or South Carolina will end that candidacy. Quickly.

I agree they will be increasing the pay, I guess the question is how much are they willing to pay and would this job be of interest to someone like Darrin Horn.

 

They have an amount budgeted for new coach, still really low in general, but a lot more than Dave was making.

They're not getting anyone big with 117k. Expect that to jump SIGNIFICANTLY if they're at all serious.

 

That sounds like Happy Osborne money.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.