Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dave Bezold Out As NKU's Coach

Featured Replies

I know we have thrown out several guys locally or with local connections, but the AD came from somewhere in Wisconsin if I remember right. Maybe he'll pull some other strings and bring in someone we aren't that familiar with.

 

Brad Bates, when hiring Charlie Coles' replacement, passed on 3 regional candidates to hire John Cooper from Tennessee. That has worked out splendidly (sarcasm font).

 

If the NKU coach's name isn't in this thread already I will be SHOCKED.

  • Replies 125
  • Views 20.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Travis Steele and Larry Davis...

 

Why would they hire a guy as old as Davis. He would just be another tranisional coach.

Do you think this was strictly a wins and loss decision? If so, do you think they will be looking at other sports not doing so well?

 

No idea on your first question. Yes on your second. I hear it's already being looked at.

I kinda hope UC doesn't let Davis leave, just incase Cronin has any issues down the road when he comes back.

 

Why would they hire a guy as old as Davis. He would just be another tranisional coach.

 

Don't let a number fool you. He's is incredible shape for his age and has a lot of miles left in the tank. .

....

 

To all of those ripping NKU for making this move, and there are plenty, remember that this worked perfectly for WKU and their football program. Elson was let go after running things through the transition, they brought in a young and really well thought of Head Coach (in that case with ties to WKU) in Willie Taggart, and they were off and running. He moved on for greener pastures, as successful smaller programs will have happen, and now they have a Brohm in charge continuing to go to and win bowl games.

 

NKU isn't inventing the wheel here.

I'm not going to trash them but I do think Bezold has earned at least one opportunity to make the NCAA Tournament.

....

 

To all of those ripping NKU for making this move, and there are plenty, remember that this worked perfectly for WKU and their football program. Elson was let go after running things through the transition, they brought in a young and really well thought of Head Coach (in that case with ties to WKU) in Willie Taggart, and they were off and running. He moved on for greener pastures, as successful smaller programs will have happen, and now they have a Brohm in charge continuing to go to and win bowl games.

 

NKU isn't inventing the wheel here.

 

I hate this move for personal reasons. I know Dave, like Dave and have a lot of respect for Dave. I'm not surprised, as you are right, this isn't the first time a school has taken this path. That being said, he had the program on the right path, especially considering the way the NCAA makes it difficult during the transition period to D1. I don't know that there is anyone who could have done better given the circumstances. I think he did deserve another year.

....

 

To all of those ripping NKU for making this move, and there are plenty, remember that this worked perfectly for WKU and their football program. Elson was let go after running things through the transition, they brought in a young and really well thought of Head Coach (in that case with ties to WKU) in Willie Taggart, and they were off and running. He moved on for greener pastures, as successful smaller programs will have happen, and now they have a Brohm in charge continuing to go to and win bowl games.

 

NKU isn't inventing the wheel here.

 

Valid points, but also two different sports.

I'm not going to trash them but I do think Bezold has earned at least one opportunity to make the NCAA Tournament.

 

I agree with you, but its sounds like he could have won the ASUN tournament this year, and been cleaning out his office the next day.

I agree with you, but its sounds like he could have won the ASUN tournament this year, and been cleaning out his office the next day.

 

Maybe so, but I also don't think this came as a surprise to him either. I think he, as well as everyone around the program, knew it was happening if what guys like Clyde, GT, and MTGL have been saying is accurate, and it appears it is.

Maybe so, but I also don't think this came as a surprise to him either. I think he, as well as everyone around the program, knew it was happening if what guys like Clyde, GT, and MTGL have been saying is accurate, and it appears it is.

 

I agree. The writing has been on the wall for a couple years now. And making the move now makes the most sense for the University. If you bring him back next year and he does have a good season (or worse a great season), it makes this even more unpopular and harder to do. And it doesn't allow the you want to hit the ground running, putting him a year behind. Making the move now, gives whoever they bring in a chance to recruit and prepare for their first NCAA tourney eligible season. Doing it sooner makes it harder to get a guy you want because he is hampered with the same recruiting problems Dave had.

I agree with you, but its sounds like he could have won the ASUN tournament this year, and been cleaning out his office the next day.

 

Without going into too much detail, that is incorrect.

Without going into too much detail, that is incorrect.

 

So are you saying, had he won the ASUN tournament he would still have a job?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.